Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

Options
  • 13-01-2006 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Yes again i need help
    well i dunno the name of the part and what not so i will just post pics :) tho first:
    after breakin my bro was driving it and me when the left weel just turned its self and locked, so we went over to investigate to find that the screw holding the part (A) had come out of its slot (B) and seem to make the hole much bigger at the top and tore some bit a plastic with it and well its damn awward to get in so can i put it into the hole beside it (C) on both sides?
    dscf02711lv.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I am assuming that what you mean is the threads in Hole "B" are stripped due the the screw going through part "A" got Ripped out of the hole... :o

OK.
    Both ends of part "A" { If you get my meaning.}
    are called " Tie rod ends"
    Therefore the "NUT" in the center of them is called a "Turnbuckle"

Bear with me as I am not the best at explaining.. :D

When everything was OK. {before it broke}
    were both wheels pointing Directly forwards? or were they slightly Toed-in? {pointing towards each other at the front of them more than at the back}

Check them.. Measure them.. and I would suggest to do is this { temp job while waiting for new parts}

Put part "B" into part "C" on both sides of the Buggy.
    Adjust the Turnbuckle {If needed to} so as the wheels point the same as they did before the breakage.
    This may and may not be possible as it looks as though you have not got enough adjustment on them..
    Let me know if you can follow this.. :o
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

well the very first line was well uhh i have no idea :) not what happened :) so i just went threw the resti will outting em in hole C and see if it works if it does... no need for repairs :) ...yet.... and yes they were not pointing inwards all was good :)

OFF TOPIC - wow just watched a 60mph mini t!!! they can do full throttle with out the front en coming up and them flipping away :P
    oh yeah and i cracked off a big part of the fuel tank at the same time when i had a FULL tank so that was a tank down the drain but i poly-cemented the thing back on and its all good for now :)i will have it out tomorrow hoefully

Looking down on your buggy
    Did the wheels look like this..

Front

| |

| |
    Back

Or this

FRONT
    / \

| |
    Back

first option my friend

Flunked wrote:
    first option my friend

Well then do what you suggested to do .. only on BOTH sides of the buggy.
    Then make sure your wheels are pointing as they should be and not like in the second example or this one.

Front
    \ /

| |
    Back

This can be adjusted by turning the "Turnbuckle" as I explained about above. ;)

Let me know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Those Stormracers are fast, how did that one go for you apart from teh turnbuckle thing ? Mine is a flyer it seems like the engine can just keep accellerating and great fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Your turning ability will definitely be affected. In position C you'll have much more "turn" than in position B, you'd want to check that nothing binds in the process. If you have a digital tx you could adjust the travel accordingly. Steering will also be much more sensitive now. And like Vectra said, check the toe-in. (Camber can also be affected - better check this as well.)

tallus wrote:
    Those Stormracers are fast, how did that one go for you apart from teh turnbuckle thing ? Mine is a flyer it seems like the engine can just keep accellerating and great fun too.
    correct i cant even get full speed and i have a very long stright for it i think :)
    and do i NEED to change them both to hole C ?

Flunked wrote:
    do i NEED to change them both to hole C ?

Yes.
    Otherwise your steering responce would be faster turning on one side than the other. ;)

okey dokey i did the damaged side last night now i have to change the good side, find my glow started and home my super glued fuel tank lasts :D does anyione know where i can get a sheet of lexen to make a underplate so stones dont get in and damage the fuel tank again? and
    where is good top bash in the north kildare south meath dublin area? or is there any off road tracks in ireland even?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Find out where the local kids go on their BMX bikes for some offroad fun....that will be the perfect spot for a buggy.

coolwings wrote:
    Find out where the local kids go on their BMX bikes for some offroad fun....that will be the perfect spot for a buggy.
    i would... ....if i could i dont think there are any local kids in my area that do offroud bmx'ing and if there is they are all probly like 17 im only 13 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

just seen this pic can i make a suggestion, if the hub where B on your pic is shown is not broken but simply half the threads are ripped out ,couldnt you just get a screw of similar thickness but long and put it in, get one long enough to go through the hole and place a locking nuts (m3 or M4 ) which ever on the other end to stop it coming loose again.
    As for the wheel position on the 1/10 nitro i run they point

front \ /

rear / \

bear in mind the angle would not be quite as much as the \ or / show it as. also you need camber on the wheels which helps for cornering. to see this for those who dont know if you where to place the car truck or buggy on a table and look directly at the front or rear from the same level the wheels should tip in more to the main chassis at the top of the wheel effectivly they would look a little like / \ . you adjust it using the other silver turnbuckle which is positioned at the top of the hub in your pic.

Advertisement