Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto rescues Golden Wonder

• 13-01-2006 11:32pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.utv.ie/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=69208&pt=n
    Tayto confirmed it had bought the Pringles Mini brand from administrator Kroll and taken over its site in Corby, Northamptonshire, just days after Golden Wonder collapsed.

The move will see 195 of Corby`s 350 employees continue to work for Tayto at the site.
    The family-owned business recently secured a £10 million contract to supply crisps to supermarket giant Tesco.
    So do Tesco crisps taste like tayto ??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I take that it's Tayto in NI, not Tayto in ROI?

I dunno if both companies are affiliated in any way, though the crisps taste different between Tayto NI and Tayto ROI. Logo's differ too.

And now I think of it, Tesco crisps do taste somewhat like Tayto NI (Cheese and Onion anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

golden wonder crisps are my favourite crisps around. this is a sad day indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

byte wrote:
    I take that it's Tayto in NI, not Tayto in ROI?

I dunno if both companies are affiliated in any way, though the crisps taste different between Tayto NI and Tayto ROI. Logo's differ too.

And now I think of it, Tesco crisps do taste somewhat like Tayto NI (Cheese and Onion anyway).

I'd imagine that it is Tayto NI, because God forbid that UTV should have any news relating to the South.

Advertisement