Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate Cinema - no more late shows?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

parsi wrote:
    Sounds a bit flammable really - shades of Cinema Paradiso...
    i love that film. shame if the gate went up in flames though given that the only outher options are miles out

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah Mahon point is nice and all but its the gate every time for me. Mahon is just far too expensive, and as someone else mentioned i cant go to le cheile just around the corner for a nice hoegarden (its beer lest some get some pervy ideas) before or after! Gate all the way for me to the max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hey, has the Gate gotten really busy of late too? I was there Tueday two weeks ago and yesterday - both days there was a huge queue stretching down to the end of North Main Street and Brokeback Mountain was actually sold out yesterday! What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

simu wrote:
    Hey, has the Gate gotten really busy of late too? I was there Tueday two weeks ago and yesterday - both days there was a huge queue stretching down to the end of North Main Street and Brokeback Mountain was actually sold out yesterday! What gives?

Methinks it's a case of one cinema where 2 used to be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i dont remember there being that many ppl at the capitol that it would fill out the gate on a weekday though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Tree wrote:
    i dont remember there being that many ppl at the capitol that it would fill out the gate on a weekday though

Yeah, same here. Maybe it's a Tuesday night thing - the students taking a break from drinking for once!

it was crazy on wednesday and thrudsays too. and so was mahon!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I really don't like Mahon Point Cinema. If you arrive just in time for the film, like even before the trailer, you usually have to sit way up front. There's not enough space between the screen and the first row of chairs. Hate that.

And whats this about the Heron's Wood peop not using Mahon address. What are hey using?

Advertisement