Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

18th Century French clock

• 14-01-2006 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

A relation of mine bought an 18th Century ormolu and bronze French mantle clock in London 23 years ago for £2,500 stg. He does not want it removed from his house for an updated valuation ! Silly, I know !
    Does anybody have any idea if this would have kept it's value in line with inflation or what would it's likely value be now ?
    I can post a picture, if necessary !

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Sounds like a quality piece, so should still be a decent value. I would suggest taking a set of photos of it - front, back, works, detail and any names/dates on it and take those to a professional clock dealer, because they know their stuff.

An updated valuation would be a good idea because what £2500 could buy then i a lot diffeerent to nowadays!

The dealer may offer to come to the house to see it, I'm not sure.

Advertisement