Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smackdown 13-01-05 play-by-play. spoilers for saturay viewers

• 14-01-2006 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

(as fast as i can type, which isn't very fast and is slowing down as i drink more beer)
    i've just started watching it. (the joy of sky+).
    batista just dropped the title (which he was expected to do for eddie before the unfortunate circumstances that lead to his death) and teddy long announced an over the top battle royale. interesting stuff. SD has really picked up over the past few months. had you asked me in october or november how i felt about SD, you would have been told to suck my balls for a more entertaining experience (and that's just nasty). anyone know who is writing it these days? it can't be the same people who are doing RAw 'cos that has really slipped.

benoit/booker t/orton segment.
    the only difference between this and the wcw 7 series is the fact that orton is wrestling instead of booker t. i'm kind of disappointed in this as i think booker t is really under-rated. 5 times and all that. then again, ther is no-one better than benoit at the moment (when was the last time you saw angle wrestle for more than 5 minutes?). orton is too young to be getting the push in my humble opinion. give him a few years to perfect his in-ring presence and then give him a title shot. i think they only gave him the title becausde they were pissed off at the former youngest ever champion leaving to do some movies. the way i see it is that benoit (why isn't he champion?) is carrying orton through these few matches. orton has strength and he can talk the talk, but he just doesn't have that certain something that makes a good champ. the belt should only ever go to someone who can pull off both the heel and face personas. orton can't do this. he is an excellent heel, but he just can't do the face thing at all. given time i'm sure he will be able to do both, it just won't work right now. the rock was a unique wrestler and that's why he won over the fans. he could do both and he was relatively young to be able to pull off such a feat. vince is trying the same thing with orton, masters and a couple of others, but none of them can do what the rock did. (this from someone who wasn't instantly won over by the rock). the u.s. title is below benoit. he should be going for one of the world titles (yeah, i'm pissed off about the fact that there are two too). back to the match. booker and the bint are sent away from ringside. benoit is dominating, but i have a really bad feeling that orton will win and not give the title to booker t. i actually like the idea of the u.s. title because of the history it has from the glorious wcw days. kind of like the cruiserweight title kind of holds more sway that the light-heavyweight title did. anywho, i missed most of the match while typing this, but i just saw orton do a great drop-kick on benoit. and now with the chin-lock. close-up on ortons chest reveals several cuts and bruises. those chops don't look like much, but the physical evidence tells another story. sharp-shooter and orton gets to the ropes. surprise surprise. and here come the german suplexes. time for the flying headbutt. will it hit? no. he missed.
    benoit for the sharp-shooter, orton kicks out and knock out the ref.orlando jordan tries unsuccessfully to interfere. benoit with the crossface. booker comes in. booker goes out. crossface applied. ref still down as orton taps out. crossface still on. booker hits benoit with the belt. orton wwith the cover for the win. booker takes the title. orton reminds him that booker owes him one. a title shot i would suspect.
    more later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

camera on piper backstage and he meets JBL.
    JBL vies for a place on the pit and he gets it. piper suggests putting jillian hall on a leash. he still has it.

an eddie tribute segment before the pit. ok, time to stop milking his death and bring on the hot rod. boogieman was due, but JBL weaseled his was in. i wonder if the boogieman will interrupt. :D
    JBL was better when he was part of the APA. he looked meaner and would have made a better heel with that look. JBL rants on the pit and promotes his supposed forthcoming win in tonights battle royale. rumbles can be heard in the background. boogieman, anyone?
    back to piper.
    piper to hall: what is dying on the side of your face, there? puts on glasses. it's got more hair that george steeles ass.
    piper brings in the boogieman.
    more later. going to ge more beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Damn, they cut out the boogieman for the morning show. Guess it JBL vs Boogieman for the rumble :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

he ate the thing on jillian hall's face. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Stalfos wrote:
    Damn, they cut out the boogieman for the morning show. Guess it JBL vs Boogieman for the rumble :(

If they have a match that goes longer than 3 minutes, it could be the greatest train wreck of a match ever. The boggeyman as good as he is on the mic is supposed to be a zillion times worse in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I wouldnt know what to expect out of this match. Maybe a JBL count out or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement