Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPS and Quark problem

Options
  • 14-01-2006 1:47am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I have a pretty large picture which I've saved in PS as an EPS, with a clipping path around it so the background doesn't appear in quark.
    When I put it into quark, all works perfectly except the picture is extremely pixelated. It's a high quality image so I can't figure why this is happening at all, the save settings are as follows:
    TIFF 8bits/pixel
    JPEG (max quality)
    All other options deselected.

The EPS looks well in PS, but not in quark. Is it just the way it renders on the screen or will it print like this too. It's not something I do very often so I'd appreciate any pointers on getting it right, for a big college project due in soon!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

only one to find out do a test print of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

I think that quark uses a low res version for displaying imported images, it may be possible to change the display dpi under the application preferences. Is it possible for you to print/export the file as a PDF to check the output. Hope this helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do a proper test print, but I'll try.
    I should be able to make a PDF too.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The only output I could get was to save it as an EPS. It looks fine, but is this a fair way to judge the end result?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

I think it depend on what you use to open/view the eps, I think adobe have an online pdf creator you can try & afaik photoshop 7+ does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

You're looking at the TIFF preview. The real file is high res.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Gr1f

When saving the eps file in photoshop save with JPEG Preview. If your document is gonna end up as a PDF you can save with JPEG encoding also (smaller image sizes)

Advertisement