Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hated Characters

Options
  • 14-01-2006 3:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

People I hate:

Wakka - my hatred knows no bounds for this man. I hate his hair, i hate his clothes I hate his voice, I hate his demenour and general attitude. I hate his stupid unresolved family issues and i hate his weapon. How can you not hate a rastafarian sounding, punk-haired, waterpolo player who swims in dungarees and defeats monsters by throwing a beach-ball at them, not that he defeated any for me, I never used him... ever. I was so glad i got to slap his face around with a stick in kingdom hearts.

FFX Kimaru, bigfoot-wanna-be, silent but with no stage presence to back it up and remained as illusive to the storyline as the real bigfoot is from cameras with working autofocus. He should have been cut.

Vincent - tortured melodramatic hermaphro-ponce with a crappy limit break and an oversized shoe. Just thinking of him makes me want to sing the Emo song.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8901841783766953622&q=emo << emo song

rikku from FFX2 which i boycotted when i saw they turned her into a christina agulera clone and dressed her like she was on her way to Bondai Beach Club. And they made them all too skinny :p

sorry for the rant... but i have so much hatred to share...

ps. I love emo kids they're cute :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hopeless

I agree with the Rikku part anyway. In fact both Rikku and Yuna in FFX2 made me shudder.
    Never liked Yuna in the first place although my heart melted a little bit when she started killing off bosses and uber monsters with like one hit of holy.
    Kimari was annoying as well I think I only everused him for him self-destruct overdrive in times of desperate need..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Was there not another thread exactly like this one a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Despite Wakka being the most useful fighter in the game he didnt have any presence in the story along with Rikku and Khimari. Vincent was a great character, he actually had a reason to be a bit moany... plus vampires with guns and claws that can change into monsters are cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought Wakka was a great character. Loved how his racist attitude to the Al Bhed was eroded away by his friendship with Rikku.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yuna pissed me off in X and I hated everyone,EVERYONE! in X2

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Thought Wakka was a great character. Loved how his racist attitude to the Al Bhed was eroded away by his friendship with Rikku.
    I never really thought about it in that way. I think it was just Wakka's voice and the asininity of his weapon that turned me against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Agree with DrunkMerlin, Wakka was INCREDIBLY annoying, and had one of the worst voices I have ever heard in a game.
    Also hated everyone in X2, especially Rikku as she was already irritating and useless enough in X as it was...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rikku didn't annoy me as much as I expected her to in FFX. In fact I quite liked her carefree character. She was handled a lot better than the obligatory cute girl voiced by Tara Reid/Strong in Powerpuff mode that seems to be in most games.

As for the FFX-2 characters, there would be something wrong if anyone liked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yuffie -- robbin little git !!! :mad:

Cait Sith -- One of the most useless characters ever :eek:

Rinoa -- Her and her stupid little dog , hated em both

Half the cast of no.9 -- The Queen, Kuja, feckin...then end character...Nerco(what in gods name was that end battle about), Freya, eiko, adamant coral.
    Quena quen was deadly :)

In 10, LuLu. The rest were quite good i thought :D

I loved Freya. Her "dragon crest" move is really useful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Wakka and Kimari were atrocious. On every level. But I didn't think that Rikku and Cait Sith were that bad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

i was jus lookin through the other posts there quickly and i dont think i saw cait sith or tidus come up anywhere......i am shocked!! any time i talk with other FF fanatics .....they are always nearly the first to come up.. along with yuna(saw that one:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Well, Tidus was annoying, but not nearly as bad as some other characters ie Rikku!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Flipflip

Cait Sith was for me, the most annoying charatcer from any of the series.

With Yuna in close second, her voice and her whole charatcer just pissed me off so much.

Wakka was kidna annoyin but I dont think he was as bad as people are making him out to be.

Kimahri was ok in my opinion.

Vincent-Coolest character from ANY of the series. ****ing legend!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

the most annoying main charachter was squall

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Everyone in X. I dont want to hear whiney American voices for 50 hours.

If i had to pick the most annoyng it would be Tidus or that English wa**er who follows you around selling crap.

As a generalisation i would say the Moogles. Annoying little s**ts. I spent about 20 hours delivering their stupid letters and what did i get? F**k all, thats what.

Remember that scene in Fr Ted where Ted brings the rabbits to Tom. That is what i would be like if i ever caught a moogle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

SeantheMan wrote:
    Yuffie -- robbin little git !!! :mad:

Cait Sith -- One of the most useless characters ever :eek:

Rinoa -- Her and her stupid little dog , hated em both

Ditto! I hated Yuffie, used to just fight her and let her escape so I could get the monies :D

I never understood Cait Sith or how he was ment to be useful

Rinoa and her bloody overdrive angel wings or some such. Only used it once or twice and each time drove me nuts! Always the wrong spell gets cast and causes me more work to beat the b*stard!!!!! :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dano5678

Marche in FF-T on GBA.

What sort of muther****er would want to destory a perfect world? WHY? WWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY??????????

I mean living in an FF world, how cool would that be.(Except 9)

P.S FF-T online anyone? Massive clans, with each member playing one character. Not to mention Clan Wars and Wanted missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Every character in FFIX, especially the non dimensional Amarant (I mean, just who the **** are you?... no scrap that, I DON'T CARE) and conceptualised in five minutes Steiner (the man is basically Rimmer from Red Dwarf, a complete knob-end). I hated IX so much, but what really grated with me was the fact that every magazine you picked up described IX as the "BEST FINAL FANTASY EVAR!!, IT'S PURE L33T!". Maybe they played a different game to me?, because the FFIX I played was a non eventful, tiresome and poorly disguised attempt at rehashing FFVII..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Laguna wrote:
    Every character in FFIX, especially the non dimensional Amarant (I mean, just who the **** are you?... no scrap that, I DON'T CARE) and conceptualised in five minutes Steiner (the man is basically Rimmer from Red Dwarf, a complete knob-end).

I'll agree with you about Amarant, he definately needed more develpoment throughout the game. It seems like he was just thrown in to make up the numbers. I'd probably throw Freya in there too for much the same reasons.
    Laguna wrote:
    Maybe they played a different game to me?, because the FFIX I played was a non eventful, tiresome and poorly disguised attempt at rehashing FFVII..

I'd hardly call the game uneventful now. Alexandria and Lindblum being attacked and all of that business to do with where Zidane came from is two examples.

It's been far too long since I played this game. I remember feck all. I'll have to glance through the script if I get the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Went back to FFIX recently and finished it last night.

I had forgotten how absolutely boring it was :/

Vivi is the only thing it has going for it. Don't like the other characters - esp. Zidane - i wanted to punch him in the face (I like my leading characters to be angst-ridden :) )

Personally I loved every minute of FFIX. It was great fun to play with an excellent battle system and soundtrack. Sure the second time through I could see that the story was extremely weak but I thought the characters were excellent (except Amarant, there wasn't even an attempt at giving him a back story). Vivi and Freya were my favourites. It reminded me of the more character driven RPGs like Grandia, Dragon Quest and the older FF games. Can't see where you are getting the similarity to FFVII from. I've only seen one review compare them and it was the irish official PS magazine and thank god they aren't around anymore. It's far closer to the FF games of old and there are tonnes of references to the old fantasy style FF games in it. I enjoyed it immensely and for me thats all that matters. Thank god there wasn't the angst ridden muppetry of Squall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I quite liked the characters in IX actually, it was a far more light headed FF than the previous 2 which were very dark and I think the characters suited it well.
    VIII had THE most irritating characters easily out of the entire series (including the snes games, which i honestly cant remember there being a bad character in, except maybe the main guy from VI) Squall and his loner asswipe attitude which until the dying hours of the game showed no signs of wearing off, Rinoa the hoe who seemed to go out with anyone who'dd protect her (first seifer then squall). Irvine, what the hell was the point of him, he was like .. another sleazier version of Squall. Don't even get me started on the annoying twat that was Zell.
    Quistis was a great character but completely underused in the game, and Seifer was a decent bad guy but in the end turned into a sloppy little tit like the rest of them. The thing that pissed me off the most though, was instead of giving these characters a bit more depth and giving them their own backstories, they gave them all the same frickin' back story!
    I liked VIII and the story wasn't bad, but the characters grated me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 President Rufus

What about Laguna, he was an awesome charachter in ff8. He was used quite alot too which was good. Although yes squall was too moody and angry in the game, that was how they had to tell the story, and it was a very deep serious story in places, kinda like squall.
    As for my most hated charachter, emmmm oh jesus how did I forget. That stupid thing from ff9, ya know the guy/woman monster thing that could eat people and had to catch frogs.
    FF9 was rubbish compared to the rest.

I found Laguna and the other 2 to be bumbling idiots slacking off and getting into trouble like a in a kids cartoon. Couldn't see the significance of them being in the story. It turned out to be rather silly as I expected.

Rinoa was definitely a bit of a ho :D I think she wanted to go out with Squall because she was an S&M freak and wanted to be bitch slapped around by him. Thats the only reason I can come up with for her wanting to go out with the most ignorant twat in any videogame ever.

Its always the ignorant twats that get girls like that. Ah Laguna was a decent sort although I didnt like the other 2. I suppose it was kinda cartoonish but that was a welcome break from squall's repetitive mind babble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I personally liked 9, story was weak but it was fun to play.As for the worst charecter, Kihmari is high up there i never used him once ever he was purely useless.Loved all the charecters in 8 cept squall, i didnt hate him or nothing but **** sake dam you stop being a moody bastard and go ride rinoa, you know you want to.

Still though ABSOLUTLY EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IN X2 WAS TOTAL CRAP, I ACTUALLY DO NOT CONSIDER IT FINAL FANTASY AT ALL JUST A PILE OF ****E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sch!Sm

I gotta agree with patricide there I just couldnt handle ffx-2... why make a sequel totally different to its predecessor i ask?

oh and Cait Sith was the most useless character ever, funny to look at though

Yes ffx2 was pants on a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

VII - Yuffie

VIII - Sophie

IX - Stupid Monkey bOY (Steiner Rok'd, pretty stong)

X - For me.....riku

X-2 - shouldnt be classed as a FF game. FACT!:mad:

Plus apart from red 13, sephiroth is the COOOOLest characher....ahhh FACT!!!?;)

Advertisement