Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hated Characters

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sch!Sm

Yeah sephiroth is not only the coolest badguy ever but is the coolest character ever. didnt like the way he looked in advent children though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wrong, Kefka was the coolest FF badguy ever. He was just pure evil. Of course there was also his laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Wrong, Kefka was the coolest FF badguy ever. He was just pure evil. Of course there was also his laugh.

Kefka was the best bad guy but not the coolest.

On the other hand, as a bad guy I think Sephiroth is bleedin' shoite. Leaving his woeful character aside for one moment, a six foot long haired leather clad fellow with a six-foot-long sword is rather cool and the dialogue does focus quite a bit on how cool and great he is. Take the Midgar Zolom scene for example.

For those of you that are not acquainted with Kefka's laugh, I will refer you to here:

http://kefkatorture.ytmnd.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sAid

yeah don't like wakka mainly because he throws a beach ball at giant dragons etc and is expected to kill them... i mean come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Wasn't Wakka voiced by Bender? How can you not like that.
    I liked the white eating blob (whats his name?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fairy Dust

Cait Sith annoyed me. I usally forgot he was a character until he popped up and when he scarficed himelf intsead of going wow top bloke it was more of k sure just hurry up!

Rinoa....just argh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Rinoa was definitely a bit of a ho :D I think she wanted to go out with Squall because she was an S&M freak and wanted to be bitch slapped around by him. Thats the only reason I can come up with for her wanting to go out with the most ignorant twat in any videogame ever.
    :p
    I can see why there are a lot of votes for FFX characters, it was a bit strange to hear everyone talk in a FF game for the first time. Waka didn't bother me that much. Not as much, say, Zell in VIII who I guess you could compare him to.
    I loved pretty much everyone in IX, because I just loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

"Everyone in X. I dont want to hear whiney American voices for 50 hours."

...too true, too true.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

of all the the characters in all the games cloud was by far the worst
    whiny, stupid clothes, stupid weapon, stupid hair if i met him in real life i'd probably scream emo at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kelvin

Liked everyone in VII but maybe thats cause it was such a good game. Yuffie probably the worst.
    In VIII Zell was a punk fool with a crap past. Kinda like a scrappy doo. Everyone else was grand.
    Didn't really play IX too much but Vivi was cool and Quina was just a weird scary freak of a character that didn't need inclusion.
    American accents ruined X for me and I used to hate listening to Tidus and Wakka. Auron was cool enough but Tidus was awful as far as lead characters go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Zell and his stupid trousers really annoy me. Plus Quistis and her needy moaniness. I really hated Selphie the first time I played FF8 but I quite like the little firecracker now :) I like Irvine, too. Along with Selphie he's the only character in VIII whose clothes don't look retarded.

Obviously Cait Sith was annoying as hell, as was just about everyone in X. Cait Sith didn't even have a proper backstory either, it was just like
    "Oh, by the way, I'm a robot controlled by Reeve"
    . Probably just as well, now that I think of it.

Best character ever? It's a tie between Don Corneo and Johnny from the slums in VII :D

Haha or else Big Bro! :p

Zell and his stupid trousers really annoy me. Plus Quistis and her needy moaniness. I really hated Selphie the first time I played FF8 but I quite like the little firecracker now :) I like Irvine, too. Along with Selphie he's the only character in VIII whose clothes don't look retarded.

Can you imagine if that game had voice acting? Specifically if Selphie was allowed to talk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

grimloch wrote:
    Can you imagine if that game had voice acting? Specifically if Selphie was allowed to talk.

Ever Tara Strong doing an even an even squeakier powerpuff girl voice wouldn't have suited her. Thank god for the low disk space on CDs.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Ever Tara Strong doing an even an even squeakier powerpuff girl voice wouldn't have suited her. Thank god for the low disk space on CDs.

If there was voices, my door to the garden would have been opened and the game flung out at high velocity at the back wall.

Pretty much all the VIII characters sucked, a terrible central cast.

Let's see how the voices in XII play out. Here's for hoping they improved on X.

I hope they took some lessons from Dragon Quest VIII. Voice acting is superb in it. If they do the lead character better be a cockney like Yangus :)

Here's a trailer that lets you hear the voices in XII.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=evB76a6jV_4

They sound allright with the exception of one fellow whose name I do not know. Better than X at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RikkusLover7

I thought it was weird that Wakkas weapon was a ball. And actully it got to a point where it was getting so annoying when he jumped up in the air and threw the ball....

But I liked Rikku her personality is cool! But we all have opinions. I liked most of the cast of X-2.

Advertisement