Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider: Legend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You're gonna buy a game purely based on the box art? WTF??

Looks nice though. Nice to see they're focusing on her face and not her boobs for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I never said i was going to buy it based on the box art. Iv been following this game since early development.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

When's it due?

And, is it just me, or has Lara taken a new Angeline Jolie-esque look? Probably no surprise after the movies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

She is a bit more realistically proportioned now from what I've seen. I'm kind of looking forward to this game Tomb Raider is one of my favourite games ever. However I didn't enjoy TR2 and gave up on TR3 when my memory card stopped working on the second last level. Wasn't enjoyng it that much anyway. I gave up after 3 although I heard 4 was a return to form. I'm hoping this one will be another return to form that focuses on exploring tombs and ancient civilisations and not being bored to death by exploring Venice or London.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Retr0gamer wrote:
    She is a bit more realistically proportioned now from what I've seen. I'm kind of looking forward to this game Tomb Raider is one of my favourite games ever. However I didn't enjoy TR2 and gave up on TR3 when my memory card stopped working on the second last level. Wasn't enjoyng it that much anyway. I gave up after 3 although I heard 4 was a return to form. I'm hoping this one will be another return to form that focuses on exploring tombs and ancient civilisations and not being bored to death by exploring Venice or London.

I actually loved TR 2. It had alot more shooting than TR1 but I'm into shooting games. I finished TR3 but gave up after that. Haven't played the PlayStation2 version, heard its not great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

loved TR2. everything else after that was muck. no point in the game tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Its soo creepy that she now looks a lot more like Angelina Jolie...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really didn't enjoy TR2. The first level was fantastic but after that it got really bad. The puzzles were badly thought out. It was more get to one side of a very long level to hit a switch than using your brain. Hated the emphasis on shooting as well. It had human characters but combat involved just jumping from side to side with the fire button held done. I find the combat in TR was just added because a game of it's type is expected to have combat. In fact I think the TR games I played would be far better with little or no combat and just emphasis on exploring and puzzles. Just look at PoP:SoT and Ico. The only thing wrong with those games was the thrown together combat. They would have been just as good without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

TR2 ruined my Xmas, i did nothing but play it that xmas. Got halfways thru 3, then stopped for a few years and then bought the monstrosity that was last one. Hopefully the new one is good.

TR2 ruined my Xmas, i did nothing but play it that xmas. Got halfways thru 3, then stopped for a few years and then bought the monstrosity that was last one. Hopefully the new one is good.
    yeah Angel of Darkness was really rubbish, nobody disagrees with that. And if youve seen videos of Legend, you cannot deny it really does look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Zhane wrote:
    yeah Angel of Darkness was really rubbish, nobody disagrees with that. And if youve seen videos of Legend, you cannot deny it really does look good.
    Have you a link for these videos??

Have heard nothing about this but then again I have conditioned myself to ignore any talk of TombRaider since t3

sprinkles wrote:
    Have you a link for these videos??

Have heard nothing about this but then again I have conditioned myself to ignore any talk of TombRaider since t3

yep go here.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Did I hear right that there was gonna be a release for the psp too? T'would be a nice game for the psp

Zapho wrote:
    Did I hear right that there was gonna be a release for the psp too? T'would be a nice game for the psp
    But the PSP is a handheld. Could the TR formula be rewritten to accomodate short bursts of gameplay?
    Or would it end up just another PS2 clone?

*ps: site shows no PSP boxart...

yeah its being released on psp, there was screenshots in a playstation magazine a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

wow this new tomb raider looks beautiful!
    thanks for the link

And like most of you guys, I've stopped playing TR since the third 3 PS part.

How many are there anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

1, 2, 3, Last Revelation, Chronicles, Angel of Darkness, Legend.

There were a few 2D platformers on the GBC/GBA too.

And an N-Gage port of TR1 to go along with countless 2D Java ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

uh, that's a lot of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

TR and TR2 were excellent games.

The whole franchise took a dip after the first two though. TR3 was crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

1 was great didnt enjoy 2 or 3 havnt played the rest but from what ive heard I missed nothing. The box art looks great looks a bit more like jolie to me. Hopefully they will go back the the orignal puzzle solving and not mess up the controls like the last one.

I remember I got Tomb Raider 1 with my Power VR graphics accelerator. I remeber thinking it was the best looking game I had ever seen and was running happily at 1024 x 768 on my P100 :D

The bastards however only gave half of Tomb Raider 1 so I had to get the game off and friend and start from the start because the save games weren't compatible with the retail version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

TR1 was absolutely fooking legendary. I couldnt afford the game for ages so was constantly borrowing from friends. I also couldnt afford a memory card so i was constantly playing from the beginning. Could clear even some of the most difficult levels in 10 minutes.

The game has given me some great memories. The first time i dropped into the cistern and panned the camera about was amazing but it looked even more spectacular when filled with water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I got it with my ps1 and seeing that t rex for the first time was amazing, best thing is you felt like you where exploring something the others didnt have that same feeling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Hmm, nice videos, looks good. I have fond memories of TR and TR2 on the PS, remember being stuck on one bit in TR2 and hating myself for having to resort to a guide to find out what to do! Never picked up any of the rest of the series though. But them videos look damn nice.

Advertisement