Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Skool Pro Evo

Options
  • 14-01-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Just wwhat wondering what people thought of ISS Pro Evo and Pro Evo 2 on the PSX. I used to love them both, especially since before that I had been playing Actua Soccer 2. Was just looking on gamerankings and IGN only gave ISS Pro Evo 5.1!!! Admittedly there were no licenses at all back then, but still the superior gameplay was there. Boo to IGN for that.

Ive gotten withdrawal symptoms cos I haven't been able to play Pro Evo in over a month, boo to crappy Kiwi tvs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

the variant winning eleven 2002 is still hugely popular online 'we2002'

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

still have the two of them. I dont spend anywhere near the amount of time playing PES5 as i did them. must throw on 2 tomorrow to see how it has aged

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

I had both as well. 1 was absolutely class. Played that for years. I played it so much that I was able to win every master league game of the season (15) with the default master league team that you're given at the start. I once scored straight from the kick off too. Tapped it to the striker and he walloped it, it came off the crossbar, off the keeper's face (classic) and into the net.

A goal from the halfway line against which keeper? Seaman of course!

2 never lived up to expectations IMO. The stepover or "L1 + triangle" chip were clumsy up to its predecessor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

i miss the overhead through ball in ISS Pro Evolution,i gave away the game a few years ago and ive been trying to find another copy of it over the past few months but its seems to be gone off the face of the earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I managed to find a copy of the very 1st ISS for the PS1 before xmas as a prez for a buddy. Try Vibes n'scribes if your down cork way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

TOPDAWG wrote:
    I managed to find a copy of the very 1st ISS for the PS1 before xmas as a prez for a buddy. Try Vibes n'scribes if your down cork way.

awwww, he called me a buddy....

really funny playing it again, it only uses four buttons, triangle is shoot! how awkward is that... and the commentator is absolutely hilarious...

hahaha,
    found my ISS Pro Evolution cd.

managed to get it working with ePSXe emulator,

the graphics just seem soooo bad :]

still great fun. usual calamities at the back. way better for through balls and stuff than the new games. well, so it seemed.

now time to fire up my pre enlightment fifa 97 just to laugh at it

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I have had all five on the PS2 and i think 4 was the best of the lot.. ifeel a poll coming on

we're talkin old skool man,

gway with ur ps2! :]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

ShevY wrote:
    we're talkin old skool man
    Oh ARE you? I remember renting International Superstar Soccer on the SNES when it came out. Now that was class :)
    And I owned ISS Deluxe.

Then I left console gaming and was only brought back by ISSPE2. That was a whole nuther style of game. Both are very good in their own special ways :)

It was actually ISS64 that put my console gaming career on hiatus. It was muck :)

• Advertisement

sure i played the snes one and the first PS1 game but ISSPE1 is where the magic began :]

Advertisement