Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to find a lcd tv

Options
  • 14-01-2006 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been looking around for a new LCD tv for the house, went to sony centre, philips centre and dixons in town (dublin). I'm just wondering if you can think of any other places to try. Looking for a tv between 23 inches and 29 inches.

I was thinking about trying blanch and liffey valley too some time this week.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    random

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Currys in Liffey Valley have a huge selection

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

cheers mate i shall check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea they have a great selection but an awful setup, I mean they have the one fuzzy feed going into all the TV's. I mean if your trying to get someone to spend a huge ammount of money on a High Def TV, it might be a good idea to have a High Def dvd player connected with a DVI connection.

The one is Curry's that seemed good value to me was a 32" High Def LG LCD one that was €1199.

The setups in all the big stores are pretty crap, philips centre have a fuzzy feed going into their lcds so the picture looks like a terd same with dixons.

I am gonna get a high-def tv but i need to see what currys have.
    The one is Curry's that seemed good value to me was a 32" High Def LG LCD one that was €1199.

Thats a really good price. Philips had their 26" for a grand and i was phoning around and thats the price of them everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

dont forget to try DID, Samsung do a 23" version and if its anything like the 32" (which is brill) then alls good.
    Samsung say the do all their 23" tvs and up in highdef and they do a 26" version too if your interested.

If DID dont dont have it, they may order it for you afaik.

• Advertisement

Cheers Sparky,

I will try DID in town tommorrow. Just kinda debating between buying 23" and 26" tv. Think i'll be going for 26" inch tv when i find one i like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭gavnolan

In the market myself for something similar, was in pc world the other day, they had the samsung 26 inch advertised but it wasnt on display, i asked the guy working there and he said they have all been re-called due to some fault.
    there is a nice 32 inch on komplett.ie

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313394&cks=SPK

Spec is pretty ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Komplett also have a 26" LG HD LCD for €799.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=312581&cks=PLS

yeah saw that one on komplett looks very tempting and price is really good too :)

Advertisement