Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boltblue.com, scumbags takin €2.50 off me every time they send me a message!Any help?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I didn't say that, no. I meant I'm getting a new phone with loads of credit, so if I ring up and waste a tenner on unsubscribing, then I've still got €60 coming anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Well I did it, I rang up off the house phone instead though, and got through to an automated message, pressed 3 to unsubscribe, entered my number, got confirmation, hung up -- took less than a minute :p

I'm pleased since I thought I'd be talking to a customer care person for an hour.

I guess it remains to be seen whether it actually worked :rolleyes:

BTW, I've had no credit for a month or so now (using another phone), and I've been getting messages saying that there isn't enough credit [for them] to deliver the message: is there any chance that there'll be a back-log of messages that they couldn't deliver, waiting for me whenever I get credit? Or is that it, once it didn't deliver, it's forgotten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

DaveMcG wrote:
    BTW, I've had no credit for a month or so now (using another phone), and I've been getting messages saying that there isn't enough credit [for them] to deliver the message: is there any chance that there'll be a back-log of messages that they couldn't deliver, waiting for me whenever I get credit? Or is that it, once it didn't deliver, it's forgotten?
    I'd say there is a back log unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I'd say there is a back log unfortunately :(
    The messages are sent and then held by your provider for a month. That's as long as they are held for.

What! :eek:

F*cking c*nts.

So what would be my best course of action, in that case? Should I just forget about the upgrade, buy and new phone, and get a new sim card?
    Lodgepole wrote:
    The messages are sent and then held by your provider for a month. That's as long as they are held for.

hmmm... interesting... That still amounts to alot of messages and credit taken off me, though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

DaveMcG wrote:
    What! :eek:

F*cking c*nts.

So what would be my best course of action, in that case? Should I just forget about the upgrade, buy and new phone, and get a new sim card?

hmmm... interesting... That still amounts to alot of messages and credit taken off me, though :(
    Your best bet is to ring ring up customer service and tell them the phone belonged to a minor and you want a refund. Alternatively if you don't think you sound quite old enough, get your own dad to do it. Tell them the phone belonged to somebody aged 10 or 11. They aren't obliged to refund a minor but if the parent considers it serious enough they will. That's the policy the company I worked for had. There's nothing the company can do about the messages that have already been sent but not delivered, they're in the hands of your provider now. They do have a record of everything you've been sent though, so they can calculate exactly how much you've been charged.

I recomend the upgrade anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nips147

hi dave im havin the same problem with them ****ers but i did a bit of pokin around and came up with an unsubscribe number just text STOP to 57782 and that should put an end to it let me no if it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

nips147 wrote:
    hi dave im havin the same problem with them ****ers but i did a bit of pokin around and came up with an unsubscribe number just text STOP to 57782 and that should put an end to it let me no if it works

This thread is over a year old so he's probably sorted his problem by now.

Welcome to boards nips147.

Cheers nips :p

I've actually gotten a new sim card since I started this thread though ;) But thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Foneclub sent my dad a service message with a subscription link via gprs, he didn't know wtf happened and tried to exit the message, a couple of seconds later he got a message welcoming him to FONECLUB - a monthly subscription of e35 and e2 per message received. In the the 2 days he was a member he received 8 messages all costing e2 each plus the e35 for the monthly subscription. The texts were a load of bollox, along the lines of 'Congratulations to John Joe from Tuam who won e800'. I wouldn't mind so much if he actually chose to sign up to it but they just sent him a random message tricking him to joining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

nips147: Welcome. Head over to Mobiles/PDA for assistance:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

Closing this old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement