Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor WebSMS

• 14-01-2006 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Why do i only have 30 meter web sms when some people have 300?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you have the free texts for life you only get 30. you can get 300 but you have to give that up. are you on that offer or another old one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Cheers thats what i though alright just wanted it confirmed.

I am on free texts for life. I use o2sms anyways everyone i know knows i use it but dont have an 086 phone.

I use this BTW really handy lil tool: http://www.nitrowebsoftware.com/software/textbuddy/what.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As far as I know, Pay as you Go customers have 30, while Bill Pay have 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

no its because they brought in a newer package, it gives you a lower rate during the day and 300 sms online but u lose your meteor rewards.

If you sign up u cant go back. I did it.. miss my €15 i used to get every month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

chrislad wrote:
    Incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

chrislad wrote:

Chris chris chris! you work for meteor too! I got 300 and i was on PAYG dont know about bill pay though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

liamskater wrote:
    Chris chris chris! you work for meteor too! I got 300 and i was on PAYG dont know about bill pay though...

Meh, who uses web texts anymore anyway? So 1990's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

chrislad wrote:

I rarely use Meteor web texts because they're a pain in the ass. Having to load two pages to select a contact from the phone book every time is awful. That's one to go to the phone book and one to go back to the message. With broadband, it's only takes a few seconds, but it's still hassle.
    o2's web texts are much easier to use, though I have no experience with Vodafones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

if you have the free texts for life you only get 30. you can get 300 but you have to give that up. are you on that offer or another old one?

Also Incorrect. I have 300 messages and free texts for life.

If you are on Anytime Plus or LeisureTime Plus you get 300 messages. If you are on Anytime or LeisureTime you get 30 messages.

It was possible to switch to Anytime Plus or LeisureTime plus for 1 month and still get free texts for life. This is no longer the case.

Fungus wrote:
    Also Incorrect. I have 300 messages and free texts for life.

If you are on Anytime Plus or LeisureTime Plus you get 300 messages. If you are on Anytime or LeisureTime you get 30 messages.

It was possible to switch to Anytime Plus or LeisureTime plus for 1 month and still get free texts for life. This is no longer the case.

ok i wasn't appraised of that one month two years ago. i apologise. the fact is still that 99.99999% of people who have 30 texts are on free texts for life. its really the only offer that would stop people switching to anytime plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I personally have no intention to change to the newer plans.

You would loose Meteor Rewards.

Can you buy text bundles with the older plans?

I rarely use Meteor web texts because they're a pain in the ass. Having to load two pages to select a contact from the phone book every time is awful. That's one to go to the phone book and one to go back to the message. With broadband, it's only takes a few seconds, but it's still hassle.
    o2's web texts are much easier to use, though I have no experience with Vodafones.

i have auto complete on so i only have to put in 0 and all my numbers come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Auto complete won't work for me, because this computer is (semi)shared, so I'd rather keep my browsing history, numbers etc. to myself.

oh and I'm on anytime plus with free texts for life and I had 300 web texts a month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Is there a Meteor Version of that ANYWHERE??

I rememmber some guy made his own app like that for Meteor but I forgot how it is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Ive kept an old meteor sim(with free texts for life) active for the last few years & am about to start actually using it as my primary number, as Ive copped on how much cheaper meteor actually are.

Ive just checked online & its on the old anytime plan. Does anyone know will they let me change to the leisure time without loosing the free texts for life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you change plan you loose free texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

chrislad wrote:
    well when your out on holidays they are very handy
    without vodafone free webtexts it would of been a lot harder to find out whats going on at home
    although now im with 3 and they dont have webtexts:( but when you look at the other things they give you i suppose i cant complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

ciaranfo wrote:
    If you change plan you loose free texts.

Gave them a call today said no problem you won't lose the free texts.

But word of warning seems to depend on who you get.

I asked to switch to

a different plan about a year ago and only after I was told by the op that I

had now forfit my free texts.

Realised later they were unaffected.

So the answer depends on who you get, better to change plans on phone

rather than net in this case.

jank wrote:
    Is there a Meteor Version of that ANYWHERE??

I rememmber some guy made his own app like that for Meteor but I forgot how it is..

I remembered that when you said it alright, did a little digging, hope whoever wrote it doesnt mind me reposting the link for it, Here it is. Seems to work grand.

http://www.donutsoft.net/meteorsms.zip

Sharp wrote:
    Gave them a call today said no problem you won't lose the free texts.

But word of warning seems to depend on who you get.

I asked to switch to

a different plan about a year ago and only after I was told by the op that I

had now forfit my free texts.

Realised later they were unaffected.

So the answer depends on who you get, better to change plans on phone

rather than net in this case.

Yep, gave em a call earlier today & they said no problem switching to leisure time, wouldnt affect my free texts for life or rewards or anything. Touch wood.

• Advertisement
Advertisement