Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help with a SE V600

• 14-01-2006 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Alright my girlfriend just bought a sony ericsson v600 for xmas. Its a pretty good phone but having had quite a few sony ericssons myself I can't stand that vodafone crap. She doesn't mind it though, "a phone is a phone". I have a few questions though..shes unlocking it to use it with meteor but I read on esato that You have to flash it aswell if you want to be able to load mms/gprs settings other than vodafone onto it? That can't be right is it? Also I have a k750 and I'm guessin you can't flash the v600 yourself with the supplied cable like you can the k750? The camera quality is terrible is comparisson to other cameras of the same spec. I know the k750 is 2mp but they don't compare in the slightest!! Is there any firmware advances that fix this? The s700 1.3mp is better than the v600's. How can a newer 1.3 se phone be worse quality than a previous model? Hmm..

Anyway yeah I just need a bit of help with this one. I can't find too much about this phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Look for the z600 instead of v600. The z600 is the unbranded version.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i've a branded w800i and i could load meteor mms/wap settings no prob, it wasn't locked tho to voda but its got the branding. one problem tho. it happened with my girlfriend v3x, she also is on meteor and her phone is a branded vodaphone also sim free(if that makes sense), i went online to meteor.ie to load up the settings, no prob just clicked on w800 and bobs your uncle...BUT meteor dont do the v3x so she had hassle and loaded the standard v3 settings. it worked eventually them being similar phones, but i'd make sure metoer do the settings or you'll be fairly screwed i thinks. tis a bit of a ramble but i hope it at least helps a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Pythia wrote:
    Look for the z600 instead of v600. The z600 is the unbranded version.

I think Pythia means the K600. The Z600 is an old Sony Ericsson phone which has no relationship to the V600 at all.

Anyway, if you want it flashed, give me a shout and I can help you and if you have your own cable, yes, it can be flashed using the miniusb cable ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Cheers for the help lads. I'll hit you up wolfman if I need some help with it. Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement