Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool - Spurs (match thread)

• 14-01-2006 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool line-up

Reina
    Finnan-Carragher-Hyypia-Riise
    Gerrard-Sissoko-Alonso-Kewell,
    Crouch-Morientes.

Subs Carson, Kromkamp, Pongolle, Cisse, Warnock.

Suprised at no Luis Garcia or Hamann.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hoping Liverpool win this one nil with a goal from Carragher. It'd be a great victory for them to cement not 3rd, as Benitez said this morning, but 2nd after United's loss today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shush! The Manc derby ain't over yet!

Mike.

Spurs line up

Robinson,
    Stalteri, Lee, King, Dawson,
    Jenas, Carrick, Davids, Tainio,
    ---- Keane, Mido.

Subs: Cerny, Defoe, Lennon, Brown, Gardner.

Mike.

Suppose I am speaking a bit too soon, hopefully not though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Come on you Spurs! Really looking forward to this one, though I'm also surprised with no Hamann or Garcia. Fully fit Spurs squad and it'll be interesting to see Davids & Carrick against Gerrard and Alonso - two quite similar pairings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sinama and krompkamp to come on at some stage. The return of Morientes eh ? Lets hope he dazzles us... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Both sides will line up with probably two of the best exponents of CM play in the game out of position on the wings (Gerrard and Davids)

Gonna be a strange shape to the match, I expect both sets of full backs to work hard going forward, I presume thats why Riise is playing at LB for the Pool. Think Spurs can cause more problems from the bench with Lennon and Defoe but Liverpool have the ability to have a stranglehold on the game before they get introduced.

This should be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Both sides will line up with probably two of the best exponents of CM play in the game out of position on the wings (Gerrard and Davids)

Gonna be a strange shape to the match, I expect both sets of full backs to work hard going forward, I presume thats why Riise is playing at LB for the Pool. Think Spurs can cause more problems from the bench with Lennon and Defoe but Liverpool have the ability to have a stranglehold on the game before they get introduced.

This should be a cracker.

Risse plays left back all the time...hes their first choice left back :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm really looking forward to this game actually, think its going to be excellent. If Liverpool win it, I think they will secure themselves finishing above Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

hi all. its going to be a very tough game, spurs are a very attacking and I'm not sure the 'pool defence will hold. Could be very boring, rafa might play it safe and go for the draw with em.. So im changing my earlier prediction from a home win to a score draw.:v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Typical RTE, have they mentioned the game yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

2-1 win for the Pool. I'm off to the local to look at it. Come on the pool!!

Tusky wrote:
    Risse plays left back all the time...hes their first choice left back :confused:

Haven't Warnock and Traore played there this season as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Garcia missed the game against luton last week aswell. no mention of injury anywhere. A bit worrying..

It will be tight, but on Pools recent form, you'd have to go for a home win, considering Spurs poor form there(not won in 13 years). Its reflected in the odds with Spurs available at 6.5/1 and Liverpool at 1.65/1.

I'll go for a 1-0 win or 2-1 to the Reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

lol. The legend that is Daragh Moloney: talking bout Bobby Robso/Stan "it'll work out, fottoball isnt rocket surgery" :D

just had a quick check on garcia. He was in the original teamsheet to play luton and was withdrawn an hour before the game. And still out? And no mention of injury? Anyone?

Crouch really shoulda put that away, woulda expected him to(isn't that crazy, he has really turned it around)

What sort of a goon is hamilton? How hard is it to say "sissoko" properly? It's not poxy seesocko ("see" + "socko").

As for the question about whether Moro's header hit the post/bar or was saved by Robinson. I felt the very loud "thunk" off the post gave it away.

Have any of you seen him before Liverpool's CL games, standing in the corner of Anfield with his beard and greenwax coat on, plus hes getting Very plump, with Giles in his cap beside him? Everyone in the ground must be pointing and going "who let teh paddy farmers in to mess on the grass"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Liverpool looking like the better team so far. Keane and Mido being isolated and played offside at every oppurtunity. Liverpool looking threatening from crosses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Liverpool should have taken one of those chances.

Decent first half, no major excitement but I'd prefer a 0-0 to a 5-4 defeat...:D

Liverpool have had the better (only?) chances, Crouch's early header and Moro off the bar stand out, but Spurs have held the ball well in the middle.

Have to say its noce to see two good footballing sides playing a good natured game. Now if we can just get an early goal in the 2nd half then park the team bus on the goal line we'll steal the 3 points...;)

Very even sort of game, both teams playing some nice passing footie with real chances thin on the ground. Dawson is proberly the best player so far saved Spurs bacon a few times.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Very even sort of game, both teams playing some nice passing footie with real chances thin on the ground. Dawson is proberly the best player so far saved Spurs bacon a few times.

Mike.

Made his debut in the same game last year, what a year's he's had.

Stekelly wrote:
    What sort of a goon is hamilton? How hard is it to say "sissoko" properly? It's not poxy seesocko ("see" + "socko").

As for the question about whether Moro's header hit the post/bar or was saved by Robinson. I felt the very loud "thunk" off the post gave it away.

Have any of you seen him before Liverpool's CL games, standing in the corner of Anfield with his beard and greenwax coat on, plus hes getting Very plump, with Giles in his cap beside him? Everyone in the ground must be pointing and going "who let teh paddy farmers in to mess on the grass"

"And sissoko sold risse a puppy there!" What is this man on? That is unbelievable tripe from hamilton. That comment was about a bad pass to him....

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Yea, Dawson has been immense. Such a shame that it's a year or two too early for him to make the world cup squad.

Ray Houghton is talking out his hole. Spurs changing their formation? We've played very few games this season with anything but 4 central midfielders.

Keane you fuppin' b*stard! :eek:

Doh! Keane misses a sitter!

• Advertisement

Heard Jenas put him clean through.

Lemlin wrote:
    Heard Jenas put him clean through.

Yeah, ball had Reina beaten all he had to do was direct the ball on target.

Spurs started the 2nd half much brighter, I think its gonna make the game more open because Liverpoll will have more space to utilise.

Great save Robbo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Kewell you beauty!!! w00t!

great goal. :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

About time Kewell scored.

Cracking goal

• Advertisement

Get in there, Dingle!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i want to make man-love to kewell

West Ham now beating Villa 2-1. Harewood and Zamora have both scored.

[Edit] sorry, wrong thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i hope kewell dies.

mayordenis wrote:
    i want to make man-love to kewell

He has the sex alright. Not a bad player either since he came back :)

• Advertisement

Great goal from Kewell but what was Staltieri doing? There was two CBs covering one Liverpool player in the middle and he's nearly on top of Dawson?

Lennon on for Davids, looks like the injury that had Davids a doubt today caused the problem. Didn't think he was 100%.

Rafa shuting up shop, Mori off Warnock on.

Mike.

Red card for Salteri - last man.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Rafa shuting up shop, Mori off Warnock on.

Mike.

Good man Rafa. Get me a clean sheet for Reina and Carragher.

6.0 from the Irish jury for Kewell's dive...:mad:

I don't think he actually was last man, but deserved red anyway, clear goal scoring chance stopped

Kewell is a goober. Why the hell didnt he just stay on his feet, go on and score.Instead he flings himself to the ground, gets a man needlessly sent off and it's still only 1-0. If this ends 1-1 Kewell should be smack with a very wet salmon.

His touch was terrible too.

I hat ethis playing in the corner at the end crap. Whip it in and try score, thats the best way to make sure Spurs won't get anything out of the game..

Was somebody sent off?

Lemlin wrote:
    Was somebody sent off?

Yeah, salteiri.

• Advertisement
Advertisement