Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Contract Advice

• 14-01-2006 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

hi,

im currently a vodafone bill customer, have been for a nearly 3 years, around may/june last year my phone V800 has been suffering problems at home (clane) a message comes up saying "no access to network" i contacted vodafone at the time and they said it was a network error and that it would be sorted soon but the problem still exists everyday i cannot get a network means im missing calls texts and my battery is being eaten up by the phone continuely trying to get a network. it is not a problem with just my phone i know someone for my town who has the sharp 3g phone and they get the same error.

my question is what sort of legal right have i against vodafone (if any) do they not have to provide a network for me since i am paying them for a service, should i contact comreg? ive had enough of this problem i think ive given them enough time to solve this problem.

thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what you should do is go out and buy an o2 and a meteor pre pay sim card. try them in your area and whichever has the better signal, go on a contract with them and you usually get about e30 off the phone because you're moving from a different network. whether you go with o2 or meteor, you'll be saving money compared to a vodafone contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

If you do want to stay with Vodafone, even after Commander Vimes' advice, then you'll need to complain in writing to Vodafone and demand a resolution within, say, 10 working days, as you've had enough of this and it's costing you. Provide as much detail as you can of the history of the case, including names/dates of contact with Vodafone support. If Vodafone do not reply then off you go to ComReg. If Vodafone do reply but say it will take more time, demand to know how long it will take. If they fail to answer that query, or exceed their own time limit, then off you go to ComReg.

ComReg will only be interested in a consumer complaint when the operator's own complaints procedure has been exhausted.

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

what you should do is go out and buy an o2 and a meteor pre pay sim card. try them in your area and whichever has the better signal, go on a contract with them and you usually get about e30 off the phone because you're moving from a different network. whether you go with o2 or meteor, you'll be saving money compared to a vodafone contract

thanks for the advice guys much appreciated, i think im tied down to another 12 months with vodafone and i hate o2 after they continued to bill me for monthly rental 4 months after i left them and only after a lot of letters solictors etc. Meteor might be an option though.

cgarvey wrote:
    If you do want to stay with Vodafone, even after Commander Vimes' advice, then you'll need to complain in writing to Vodafone and demand a resolution within, say, 10 working days, as you've had enough of this and it's costing you. Provide as much detail as you can of the history of the case, including names/dates of contact with Vodafone support. If Vodafone do not reply then off you go to ComReg. If Vodafone do reply but say it will take more time, demand to know how long it will take. If they fail to answer that query, or exceed their own time limit, then off you go to ComReg.

ComReg will only be interested in a consumer complaint when the operator's own complaints procedure has been exhausted.

.cg

thanks for the detailed advice im going to gather all the emails i have from them when i first contacted them and send it off, they did say on the phone that i was not entitled to any compensation at all before. probably just trying to fob me off. again thanks for the help

why would you be tied down to another 12 months? did you get an upgrade or something? or sign up to a long contract?

you know that once the 12 months is up you can leave at any time right? unless you get an upgrade of course

why would you be tied down to another 12 months? did you get an upgrade or something? or sign up to a long contract?

you know that once the 12 months is up you can leave at any time right? unless you get an upgrade of course

i upgraded last year, i am not sure whether its a 12 or 24 month contract, might be 12

• Advertisement

joe316 wrote:
    i upgraded last year, i am not sure whether its a 12 or 24 month contract, might be 12

i doubt it would be 24 months. an upgrade is a new 12 month contract. sometimes there's offers like extra minutes that means you have to go into a longer contract but you have to choose it. they don't just automatically put you into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

Clane has poor coverage on nearly all networks due to planning restrictions. Sounds like you are just on the edge of 2 3G cells - which could result in you picking up neither. For the moment you could manually select 2.5 G coverage on your phone (pain in the ass but at least you would have coverage). Both o2 and VF have 3G sites planned for the area which should come on line soonish

pj_samba wrote:
    Clane has poor coverage on nearly all networks due to planning restrictions. Sounds like you are just on the edge of 2 3G cells - which could result in you picking up neither. For the moment you could manually select 2.5 G coverage on your phone (pain in the ass but at least you would have coverage). Both o2 and VF have 3G sites planned for the area which should come on line soonish

ive tried manually switching to 2g but it wont let me either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PENG_FA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Have you tired getting a sim change?
    It could be your phone that's faulty, even if your friend has similar problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement