Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus trying to send e-mails

Options
  • 14-01-2006 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I tried searching for this problem but couldn't find an answer.

When I am running Azureus every so often a Zonealarm alert pops up saying that "Javaw.exe" is trying to transmit email messages.

I'll post a pic of the window when it happens again but it shows an IP address and is trying to use SMTP to send the message.

I always decline the request but it's a bit worrying. Is Zonealarm just confused or is it a serious problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

There does be problems with Azureues and ZoneAlarm, I chaged to Sygate personal firewall for the problem I was experiencing.

Anyway, have you got any plugins (or what one's have you ) installed in Azureus? They might be using the SMTP protocol to communicate with the Destination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

cant rememeber the cause of this,
    back in my nova days i remember a lot users mentioning probs with port 25 on azureus.

its not sending mail,
    just requesting an update or some such.
    nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

bishopLEN wrote:
    Anyway, have you got any plugins (or what one's have you ) installed in Azureus? They might be using the SMTP protocol to communicate with the Destination

No, no plugins at all.

Hasn't happened in the last two days anyway. If it's nothing to worry about that's grand. Just got worried there for a bit.

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Hi,

many people use Port 110 and 25 as their bittorrent port as the other ports are blocked by their system admin.

So any time another BT user connects to you using those ports Zonealarm complains.

Advertisement