Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to buy the GF a Bravo - Any tips?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

JohnCleary wrote:
    I do want to actually use the car, not just buy it and sell it on again!
    Of course. But it is a great car for a beginner or enthusiast. Small, economical, reliable, cheap to tax and run, slow depreciation because of its desirability.

It is not a "pram". Just because a car is small does not make it bad. Small is good. Light is good. Unusual is great. This and the Honda beat are about as unusual as Japanese micro cars get. RWD, turbo charged, intercooled, wishbone suspension, all round discs, excellent styling, advanced materials, excellent convertible roof.

The trick roof is supposed to be very practical - it's not a soft-top, it doesn't leak, and it's probably the first cheap "convertible hardtop". The car isn't mad powerful, but can easily keep up with traffic, and is a damn sight more enteraining to drive than a Bravo.

Think of it as a modern Frogeye Sprite, but reliable.

More here
    http://www.suzuki-cappuccino.com/a_information/a_cappuccino/cappo_roof_anim.html

One for sale in B & S for €5300 here. VRT is €670, so subtract that (at least) from the askling price.

Suzuki Cappucino 1994. Leinster Louth €5300.00
    Silver 52k mls, 657cc turbo, cheap tax/ins eng, reg duty not paid swop for vitara escudo, berlingo, €5,300. 086-8244864 [clip]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks for the replies guys. I've heard great things about the Cappuccino. A great starter RWD so ive been told. Easy to insure, only being 657cc. Turbo'ed, etc.

Its for the GF and she thinks theyre mad 'cute' :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

john see needs an MG ZT mate come you know that

TCP/IP wrote:
    john see needs an MG ZT mate come you know that

ZS 180 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dead

id buy a little tuc tuc for that kind of money [ 500 yoyos ] and 4500 to pimp it with

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

aren't Cappuccino's a bit overpriced for what you get? if I was to blow money on a Jap import small sports car it'd have to be the Nissan Figaro.

colm_mcm wrote:
    aren't Cappuccino's a bit overpriced for what you get? if I was to blow money on a Jap import small sports car it'd have to be the Nissan Figaro.

They are way overpriced here yeah, to get a decent priced one you'd be looking at importing yourself. I saw one for sale for 10k on cbg.ie lol

colm_mcm wrote:
    Well that's a first. The Figaro is more of a "sports car" than the Cappucino? The Figaro is a Micra with a retro body and a nice interior. The Cappucino is not based on anything, it is a design in itself.

Most people would call the Figaro a "Pram". Not me, I think they're cool. Not as cool as a Cappucino, but cool in a kitsch kind of way. The Figaro is well overpriced, compared to a Cappucino. You can buy a good UK model Cappucino for STG£3500 to £4000. You won't have to pay VAT on import either.

you can hardly call either the figaro or the cappucino sports cars i suppose, but i'd say the figaro has bags more charisma than the Capp. The Figaro is ridiculously camp, but if you're man enough to deal with that.......

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    you can hardly call either the figaro or the cappucino sports cars i suppose, but i'd say the figaro has bags more charisma than the Capp. The Figaro is ridiculously camp, but if you're man enough to deal with that.......
    Absolutely - you'd need to be very sure of your sexuality to carry one of those babies off! :)

"sure of your sexuality" could mean lots of things though

Yeah well if ya read the title you'd see im getting the Cappuccino for the GF, as in GIRLFRIEND, as in things that ye need to get! ;)

JohnCleary wrote:
    Yeah well if ya read the title you'd see im getting the Cappuccino for the GF, as in GIRLFRIEND, as in things that ye need to get! ;)

she said she was a girl..................

........and anyway you said you wanted a bravo, you can't blame people for going off on tangents!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Fix It Again Tony? Maybe if it was a gift . . .

Cappucino? mmmmm. Was a passenger in one once. Exciting. Turbocharged motorcycle engine in a very light, very low, very small, very fast (accelerating - what 'fast' means in the real world) four-wheeled vehicle (AKA car).

Advising her to get the Suzuki would be like advising a musical neophyte to buy Electric Ladyland (because you think it's a brilliant album, and you will end up listening to it).

Would you start a motorcycle beginner on a very high-powered motorcycle?

'Fiat' is Latin for 'Let it be done'. Or something close.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote:
    Fix It Again Tony? Maybe if it was a gift . . .

Cappucino? mmmmm. Was a passenger in one once. Exciting. Turbocharged motorcycle engine in a very light, very low, very small, very fast (accelerating - what 'fast' means in the real world) four-wheeled vehicle (AKA car).

Advising her to get the Suzuki would be like advising a musical neophyte to buy Electric Ladyland (because you think it's a brilliant album, and you will end up listening to it).

Would you start a motorcycle beginner on a very high-powered motorcycle?

SHE thinks its cute, I like to do doghnuts in my big yard out the back ... WE'LL both be happy :D

You'll struggle to do doughnuts with 67bhp. Maybe if the tyres were bald...

I'd buy a Cappucino in a flash. The labrador & child would understand, I'm sure....

You'll struggle to do doughnuts with 67bhp. Maybe if the tyres were bald...

I'd buy a Cappucino in a flash. The labrador & child would understand, I'm sure....

I've seen videos of them going around in circles. Its all about the driver, not the car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

esel wrote:
    [

FIAT - Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino

(Italian Automobile Factory Turin) :)

Advertisement