Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SMS dump

• 14-01-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

iv just dumped by bf over txt for special reseons dose that make it wrong? if i was scared of doing it to his face?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

babyj wrote:
    iv just dumped by bf over txt for special reseons dose that make it wrong?
    Harsh, but not necessarily wrong.
    if i was scared of doing it to his face?
    Scared for your emotions or scared for your safety?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I think its the most heartless, selfish and cowardly thing someone could do.
    babyj wrote:
    iv just dumped by bf over txt for special reseons dose that make it wrong? if i was scared of doing it to his face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

It is a cheap way out alright. It also depends how long you were together!

If its just a couple weeks then I wouldn't worry too much about it! If, however, you had been together for a considerable time I think he deserves ALOT more respect than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yep..worst way possible.
    Unless there is a realy good reason for it like you caught him cheating or he hit you etc...if he did nothing awfully wrong then it is the
    most heartless, selfish and cowardly thing someone could do.

trust me, got that dreaded text myself after a long time together. Made a fool out of myself after breakup and said and did alot of crap but she did me a favour in the end. Maybe you did him one. It better have been a good reason, otherwise Id consider you as being very very cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

babyj wrote:
    if i was scared of doing it to his face?
    Sounds to me like your a bit afraid of how your bf would take it. If there's a chance that he might attack you in some way fair enough, I can understand not wanting to do it to his face but you could always of rang him. It would of sounded better than been dumped by a text (which is very cowardly way to dump anyone IMO ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

sounds like you're a complete spa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

john^doyle wrote:
    sounds like you're completely banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

john^doyle wrote:
    you just got served..

OP: from your grammar i would imagine you're about 14 or so, so i wouldn't worry about it.. you'll both get over it

LundiMardi wrote:
    you just got served..

OP: from your grammar i would imagine you're about 14 or so, so i wouldn't worry about it.. you'll both get over it

I thought that too but according to her profile she is 20!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

I wouldn't dump someone by text, its a real cop out and really shows you in a poor light in my opinion. If distance was an issue I'd at least phone them, but I'd rather do it to their face to be honest.

My 2c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

py2006 wrote:
    I thought that too but according to her profile she is 20!!
    oh dear

EDIT: wait a sec, what profile?

LundiMardi wrote:
    oh dear

EDIT: wait a sec, what profile?

oops, sorry! I may have checked the wrong one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Generally I'd say, hell no, booo-erns and so forth, but sometimes its just easier that way for both parties.

e.g. if you're breaking up for reasons beyond your control which you believe prevents you from continuing the relationship but still have feelings for the person, its just easier on all parties concerned to do it over txt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

LundiMardi wrote:
    That's the impression I got as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well it's done now. What do you expect from this thread? Absolution from a bunch of interent randomers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

babyj wrote:
    iv just dumped by bf over txt for special reseons dose that make it wrong?

It depends what the reasons were. Most times it's a shítty thing to do and the dumpee is better off not going out with a person who would do it.

py2006 wrote:
    It is a cheap way out alright.

its not actually. would have been free to tell him to his face...

on a more serious note i do agree that it was gutless and pathetic. shame on you, unless that it was a case that he was physically violent in which case you were right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

lol tipp gunner a waste of 13c i might add

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

heartless thing to do, and you know it - why come on here to tell us about it after you've done it.

liamskater wrote:
    lol tipp gunner a waste of 13c i might add

unless she bought text bundles....5c each for €20 worth

• Advertisement

or she's on meteor to meteor texts..like that bítch of an ex I used to go out with.

to the OP:- you can see what people think of this, but whats done is done, up to you now what you wanna do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Anyone who does anything as pathetic as this should be utterly ashamed of themselves :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I want to know what those special "reseons" are!!!!

can't pass judgement without them.. OP: what reasons???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

oh i can see it now , cue cheesy american voice...
    ...."welcome to Dumpsvile baby , population youuu" ...please tell me thats not wat it said on the msg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Dumping by text is a bit lousy alright!! If you had any respect for the guy you would have said it to his face!! Unless these "spechelll reeeezons" were that he was abusive!!!
    But you do sound like your 14 so I wouldn't worry about it too much!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

OP, your ethics are your own to question and live by. No opinion stated by anyone here is either right or wrong. Although it does sound like you are feeling a little guilty. If this is the case you can always try to absolve yourself by calling him and apologising for being so inconsiderate on the deilvery. Either way, learn from your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Not very nice. Aren't you slightly attention seeking here? You know people aren't exactly going to applaud. So you're a coward. Big deal. I want to know what the "special circumstances" are though. If you feel like a bitch, well good, cos you should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

In fairness you should have done the decent thing and got Rio to do it for you.

http://www.celebritymessages.com/viewProduct.aspx?id=RFYDEC009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DapperGent wrote:
    In fairness you should have done the decent thing and got Rio to do it for you.

http://www.celebritymessages.com/viewProduct.aspx?id=RFYDEC009

LOL.

Hey, you could at least have Mr T cheer you up...

http://www.celebritymessages.com/viewProduct.aspx?id=MTCUEC003

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Its pretty damn cowardly to dump someone like this.

On a lighter note, I've heard of someone getting "p45" as a dump text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Eh, it happened to me recently (email, not text, but same idea) and it was sad; I'd have preferred if he said it to my face, but I suppose it was difficult for him and I wasn't too annoyed.

He'll prob'ly understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i suppose it depends on how long you were together-if it was casual short term then its not awful (still noy nice but worse things can happen). anything remotely long term needs a phone call at the very least-id see it as very disrespectful otherwise.
    i know it can be awkward and upsetting, but at least its some amount of closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

what is the deal? i mean, the person gettin broke up with is gonna get hurt, and yeah, they might look back in a year and go 'wow im glad she said it to my face', but then that person is GOING TO GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES.

its a tough job, and you have to worry about getting yourself through it rather than worrying about someone elses feelings.

cynical but true

what is the deal? i mean, the person gettin broke up with is gonna get hurt, and yeah, they might look back in a year and go 'wow im glad she said it to my face', but then that person is GOING TO GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES.

its a tough job, and you have to worry about getting yourself through it rather than worrying about someone elses feelings.

cynical but true

That maybe all well and true but its like gettin that extra kick in the balls. I think the other person in the relationship should deserve the deceny to be told to their face, with decent reasons. it will save them alot of headwrecking questions.

Its cowardly...and on a side note if other people find out about such a breakup wont care too much for this person.

Trilla wrote:
    Its cowardly...and on a side note if other people find out about such a breakup wont care too much for this person.

if they are ur friends they will forgive you.

u guys seem to be focusing on the other person, i mean, two people are breaking up here, should we not look at the other side of the story.

my point is its gonna hurt no matter what, so do what is best for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'm gonna bookmark that and look at it first thing every morning.

well i looked at the rio one first and it pissed me off cause he is a money grabbing tosser.

but then mr t picked me up with a blend of comraderie and a good old fashioned verbal slap.

im all happy now.

on a related note

http://www.ditsee.com/showthread.php?t=139

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Worst way to dump someone. Unless this was an abusive situation, and you thought he'd get violent, but in that case I wouldn't even have txted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

unless she bought text bundles....5c each for €20 worth

or thestandard meteor 9c txt, any way back on topic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

She could of used web-texts for free aswell :v:

But neway, i guess she feels bad for doing it and thats why she's posted here...but unless we know the "special reasons" i would consider it a cowardly thing too.

CC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

depends on how long you dated - but if it was longer than like a month and you dumped him by text, thats a ****ty ****ty ****ty thing to do. Your parents would be ashamed of you.

wait, your parents know what txt is?

wow.

Advertisement