Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Simple query...how 2 configure SMS e-mail?

• 14-01-2006 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Bought a Nokia 3120 today and I tried to send an e-mail from it to my home e-mail address....no joy...I think the phone may need to be configured with a mail server phone number before this works. No problem sending ordinary text messages. BTW, I'm on the O2 network. I tried downloading O2's GPRS MMS settings but this didn't fix the problem...can anyone offer any advice?

Ta - JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you send an email using the MMS function in the phone you shouldn't need any more settings, once MMS works.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

...I'll keep tinkering to see if I can get the MMS to work...JB

By downloading the settings you mean you manually configured them into your phone?

Goto http://web.o2.ie/personal/services/active/settings.jsp

Fill in your mobile number.
    Select your phone model.
    Select MMS-GPRS
    Select speakeasy or pay montly.
    Click Send and wait for them to arrive.

When they arrive you want to accept / save / update / set as default (I can't remember the exact options a Nokia gives you). The pin is 1234 if it prompts for one.

Did your previous phone have MMS abilities? It could be that it's not been setup on your account if you have an old SIM and haven't used MMS until now. A quick call to customer service will confirm this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I'm guessing you are trying to send an sms as an email. I enquired with O2 about this before and the nice lady on the other end told me that any email needs to be routed via a phone number. The number she gave me was from a compaly called Skynet (yes the same company that developed all the Terminator models:D ) I can't remember the number cos those lovely clueless people at the carphonewarehouse flashed my phone after selling me a crappy motorola v300 which quickly disappeared off the market shortly afterwards (well it was partially my fault too for not transferring my numbers to my simm) and hence I lost the number. The nice lady did tell me that O2 do not support using this company so they could not gurantee it's quality. It did work for me about 2 years ago but if you send a email over 160 charactors the msg would not send

You could alternatively use the "MyMail" facility within O2 Active.

• Advertisement
Advertisement