Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cars

Options
  • 14-01-2006 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

so how many of you drive to school, what do u drive, and do you ever get any hassle over it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I dont have a car (not that rich) but my school is filled with rich people. So a good few of them drive in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I drive to school. I have a 2001 Fiat Punto Elx 1.2 16v :)

Get a bit of hassle, in the form of jealouly but other than that its grand.

Class on rainy, cold days passing the lads at the bus stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Capall86

CrimE wrote:
    I drive to school. I have a 2001 Fiat Punto Elx 1.2 16v :)

Get a bit of hassle, in the form of jealouly

In your dreams, fiats are the biggest load of Sh*ite on the road|! anyone who is jealous of you in that car needs a slap on the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Actually it's probably the roof over his head on a rainy day that they're jealous of, and a first car isn't exactly going to be any fancy unless mummy and daddy spoil the **** out of you.
    I'm driving to school - no great hassle, we have to hand in our keys in the morning, collect at lunch, drop back at 1.50 and collect at 3.45, a bit of a pain and pointless - also a security issue, anybody can just reach in behind the office door and grab our keys!!!
    I'm driving a 1998 Hyundai Accent 1.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

I drive into school, no hassle at all(the tute). I drive a 02 corolla hatchback 1.4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Drive in every morning, have a 2.0 suburi impreza gti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

I did , at the start of sixt year drove my dads coupé in :D:D
    and then later i got my own mitsubishi colt

2 other chicks had puntos , but nobody gave a crap bout them - but i always had the wipers lifted up etc.
    Oce some chick took one of them big art pages and wrote on it " warning to all passers by - this car is fraudulentley tax and insured, please call the Gardai" and stuck it on the windscreen , it was so big it covered the whole thing ,lol .was pretty cool i must say , oh those were the good days.
    But generally people were good bout it , i got on well with everyone.

got suspended for 1 week for doin donuts on the allweather pitch , and had car searched by principal after a certain egging incident! :rolleyes:

Ah ,classic , school was great, i loved it!

Drive in every morning, have a 2.0 suburi impreza gti.

bull$hit - i mprezas dont even come in GTI - and insurance?? yeah right

Capall86 wrote:
    In your dreams, fiats are the biggest load of Sh*ite on the road|! anyone who is jealous of you in that car needs a slap on the head!

Eh have you seen my car? Have you a fúcking clue what you are talking about? No obviously you dont.

Theres a reason why the punto is the most common car in Ireland, its a really good car.

One of the fastest and biggest of its range.

I have had no problems whatsoever with it. It has a high spec, is in immaculate condition, low mileage and never misses a beat. So I dont see why it would have to be in my dreams to think people might be jealous.

C_Breeze wrote:

Hahah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

C_Breeze wrote:

My bad, meant to write STI. If you don't believe me, here's a pic of me driving to school.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/07/imprezawrxsti06_07.jpg

My bad, meant to write STI. If you don't believe me, here's a pic of me driving to school.

oh , ok . Sorry for doubting you.
    love the shades btw.

Hahahaahaa yeah nice car. You go to school in Spain yeah?

ha yea smell of **** off his breath

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

lmao.i was going to lock this until i saw that post.rofl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hmmm..

What age are all you drivers? What licence you on, insurance costs etc?

My insurance is 2750 but just got my full licence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I would get a car for school only for the fact it's about 2 mins from my house by car. Other than school I wouldn't have a need for one. 30% of my year drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

CrimE wrote:
    Theres a reason why the punto is the most common car in Ireland, its a really good car.

One of the fastest and biggest of its range.

Im sorry...but the reason they are common is because they are cheap. Simple as. And apparently some people like the styling :rolleyes:

Question...has your headgasket gone yet??

As for speed....you are driving a super-mini....speed isnt even an issue....they are all slow (unless you count the warmed over ones with reasonable sized engines)

bp_me wrote:
    Im sorry...but the reason they are common is because they are cheap. Simple as. And apparently some people like the styling :rolleyes:

Question...has your headgasket gone yet??

As for speed....you are driving a super-mini....speed isnt even an issue....they are all slow (unless you count the warmed over ones with reasonable sized engines)

So there are no other cars as cheap or cheaper than the punto then? That must be the only reason people buy them...:rolleyes:

Question..... do i have a 16v? Yeah headgasket is perfect on the 16v engines but cheers for asking.

I personally think its one of the best looking small cars.

Ok so you are telling me the speed of a car isnt an issue? Out of the "supermini" cars the punto would be one of the fastest.

Look im not getting bogged down in this crap, I like my car and dont care what people think about it.

My insurance is 1200 as a named driver with a provisional btw.

• Advertisement

CrimE wrote:
    So there are no other cars as cheap or cheaper than the punto then? That must be the only reason people buy them...:rolleyes:

I never said only reason, but it is a contributary (sp?) factor.
    CrimE wrote:
    Question..... do i have a 16v? Yeah headgasket is perfect on the 16v engines but cheers for asking.

fair enough....good for you
    CrimE wrote:
    Ok so you are telling me the speed of a car isnt an issue? Out of the "supermini" cars the punto would be one of the fastest.

I'm not sure what you're point here is. As for "fastest" the 1.3 yaris is a faster car. Yes its engine has an extra 54cc worth of capacity. So no need to point that out to me. That extra 54cc produces 27bhp and an extra 20 (give or take a few decimal places) Nm of torque. While on the subject, the 1litre version of the yaris isnt very far behind the performance of the punto's 1.2 engine, though does suffer due to having a lower torque figure. I'm sure you could quote 10 other cars in the same class that are outperformed by the punto, but really there is no need.
    CrimE wrote:
    My insurance is 1200 as a named driver with a provisional btw.

I never mentioned insurance, wouldn't try to compare anyway, it's too unpredictable.
    CrimE wrote:
    Look im not getting bogged down in this crap, I like my car and dont care what people think about it.

agreed....lets leave it at this shall we

bp_me wrote:
    agreed....lets leave it at this shall we

Haha yeah lets.

About the insurance I was answering this lad;
    Holsten wrote:
    Hmmm..
    What age are all you drivers? What licence you on, insurance costs etc?

I still like it though...

CrimE wrote:
    About the insurance I was answering this lad;
    I still like it though...

Cool...assuming you're 17 on a provisional (or 18) 1200 isnt a bad amount to be paying.

Safe motoring anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Indeed, not bad at all, is it a first or second provisional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Im 17 and its €1000 as as named driver on a punto.

Its my first. My dad hasnt a full no claims bonus since my sister had a "little bump" :rolleyes:

Last time she was ever on the insurance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

17, provo - €1300 on a 1.3l Coupe.
    And we're talking about the speed of the punto? Christ, get a grip. It's primary function is A to B, same with my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

should probably post it up myself, theres only 3 or 4 of us that drive in my school. 2 puntos a golf and mine, a 1994 200sx:D , and before im called a bull****ter its insured in my mas name and is costing me 1700 a year.

Only hassle we get is we cant park in the carpark cos we have provisionals:rolleyes: so its out on the road for us:mad:

dogz wrote:
    should probably post it up myself, theres only 3 or 4 of us that drive in my school. 2 puntos a golf and mine, a 1994 200sx:D , and before im called a bull****ter its insured in my mas name and is costing me 1700 a year.

Only hassle we get is we cant park in the carpark cos we have provisionals:rolleyes: so its out on the road for us:mad:

man , noway would anyone insure you on a 200sx ( HAHA especially on a provo ) ..and if you were lucky enough to , they would charge ridiculous rates.

they only way id believe it is this , its your mams car and your drivin it to school uninsured (and liying to people that it is ) - yes i ve done it and i know others who have too , so at least use a more realistic figure than 1700.

and wats the story with the car park, why on earth wouldnt you be allowed park in it?? - i never had any probs. nobody gave a crap where u parked.

im sorry but im gonna have to call Bull$hit on this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

C_Breeze wrote:
    and wats the story with the car park, why on earth wouldnt you be allowed park in it?? - i never had any probs. nobody gave a crap where u parked.

Presumably because they're driving illegally (first provisional licence and driving alone) and the school want to avoid any resultant hassle if these guys crash into a teacher/parents car as their insurance might not pay out.

Advertisement