Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cars

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

CrimE wrote:
    Theres a reason why the punto is the most common car in Ireland, its a really good car.
    One of the fastest and biggest of its range.

Erm I have the exact same model Punto as you and no way could you call it 'fast'! It's nippy but god you really feel the 1.25l engine :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

C_Breeze wrote:
    man , noway would anyone insure you on a 200sx ( HAHA especially on a provo ) ..and if you were lucky enough to , they would charge ridiculous rates.

they only way id believe it is this , its your mams car and your drivin it to school uninsured (and liying to people that it is ) - yes i ve done it and i know others who have too , so at least use a more realistic figure than 1700.

and wats the story with the car park, why on earth wouldnt you be allowed park in it?? - i never had any probs. nobody gave a crap where u parked.

im sorry but im gonna have to call Bull$hit on this one!

whats so unbelievable about that quote it costs her 430 without me on it :) and 1700 ish with me as a named, im insured on it properly

yeah basically the carpark is if we hit somebody the school isnt covered for students on provisionals, but is for teachers:confused: on them i dunno why though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

eth0_ wrote:
    Erm I have the exact same model Punto as you and no way could you call it 'fast'! It's nippy but god you really feel the 1.25l engine :-/

lol

Ever drive a micra though...? :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

CrimE wrote:
    lol

Ever drive a micra though...? :-P

Yeah I learnt to drive with ISM in one of their sh*tty micras, I see what you mean, although the main annoyance I found was their brakes are dangerously sensitive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Omg I'm sorry but stop fighting about your cars!! you have one there is no need to defend it! you have soemthing that takes you from A to B! Sorry just had to say it! I want a car soooooooo BAD!! I have to do super well in the old LC! So thank your lucky stars you all have cars because I am very jealous! :D

• Advertisement

d4gurl wrote:
    Omg I'm sorry but stop fighting about your cars!! you have one there is no need to defend it! you have soemthing that takes you from A to B! Sorry just had to say it! I want a car soooooooo BAD!! I have to do super well in the old LC! So thank your lucky stars you all have cars because I am very jealous! :D

True true!

So lads.... its class having a car isnt it? :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Started on a focus 1.4 insurance on that was 1400 on prov licence named driver

now on nissan x-trail 2.2 jeep scared to ask what insurance is but i think it might have been the same cause the cars where under same company and the policys just got switched or something

think theres about 10 people who drive to school but loads of people drive parents cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

CrimE wrote:
    True true!

So lads.... its class having a car isnt it? :v:
    Tis a bitín, yes. :D
    I got me one of those snazzy Aldi CD players which the mp3 player plugs into, I'm sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Well in about five weeks(17 in feb) I will be driving a 2002 Vw passat TDI to school. Its not my own car but I will be driving it most of the time. Just wondering if you all have your cars to yourselves or is anyone else in your family insured to drive it aswell?

As im only a named driver on my dads policy for the car, he can drive it aswell but thankfully doesnt!

Thank god he hates stick shifts!:v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

CrimE wrote:
    As im only a named driver on my dads policy for the car, he can drive it aswell but thankfully doesnt!

Thank god he hates stick shifts!:v:

you mean 'manual'

...stick shift - oh man :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Cars these days...

I have no car as I live not 10 minutes from my school, on foot.

Plus I am far too cheap to buy a car, insurance, petrol, road tax and all the other rig-a-ma-roll that goes along with it.

That being said I would like a car, but I am certainly not prepared to pay for it and everything else.

i own the 200sx but my ma can drive it aswell as my da, but thankfully they dont too often, i have a hard enough job trying to keep tyres on it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

dogz wrote:
    i own the 200sx but my ma can drive it aswell as my da, but thankfully they dont too often, i have a hard enough job trying to keep tyres on it:D

ok we get the point......youre great .

i still dont believe u though - i think a pic is in order

C_Breeze wrote:
    i think a pic is in order

I can see where this is going! :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

C_Breeze wrote:
    ok we get the point......youre great .

i still dont believe u though - i think a pic is in order

Why wouldn't you believe him, its a '94 200sx so 1.8 turbo.... his insurance quote doesn't seem unreal, €1700-2000 seems about right.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

well im on a 2.2turbo so doesnt seem that unbelievable i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Watch out the door doesn't fall off the auld Punto some day when your getting out! This actually happened to a buddy of mine.

In all, three friends had a fiat punto and all three had loads of problems. Terrible car.

one of my friends has, had a punto, one day he was driving home and the sump just drops off, no ramps or anythig just bump and a seized engine, fiats eh!:rolleyes:

Advertisement