Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk read error need help

• 14-01-2006 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    is anyone else familiar with a "disc read error" on their PS2? I know i had this problem ages ago with certain dvd's and really old PS1 games but never with a PS2 game. Recently I bought La Pucelle Tactics and the PS2 just refuses to read the disc. I pop in my FFX disc and it reads it just fine.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be and how much it would cost to fix it? I haven't played ps2 games in ages since i've been mostly been playing stuff on my pc but i was hoping to start playing some good console games again.

any advice/info is greatly appreciated.

should i just try returning the game to GAME and ask for a replacement as it might be a faulty game? Only problem being I bought it a couple of weeks ago before new years but never really tried to play it till tonight so i don't have a receipt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I had this problem too, its a common problem, something to do with the sort of disc its on, some a blue some are purple or something so only some games wont play. Luckily my ps2 was still under garuntee so I sent it back for repair.Do a google search about it, i found a useful site that tells you how to do something about it yourself.

EDIT: This should help you - http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

I had the same problems with mine b4 christmas.

I ran a cd lens cleaner. and have had no problems since. worth a try...

Pip

Advertisement