Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diorama Groundwork?

Options
  • 14-01-2006 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Anyone out there have any advice on doing this? I am building a 1/35th dio and need help with muddy groundwork with grass in it?
    Any techniques etc will be greatly appericated.

All the best,
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

just for my knowlage can u tell me what one of these things are?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

i think they are the like platformed and everything models like a scene, did u see the focus that was doing the jump in other thread, as far as i can guess thats a diorama.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

never mind the link ....stupid lack of being able to upload images..ill try post the link to it..

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/59471/21817.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Ya thats them alright, like these
    www.track-link.net

Anyway anyone have any idea's?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Have you asked Noel Barrett in Cork about this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

well if you know where the nearest gamesworkshop is they can give u all the grass and like scale rubble basicly everything you will need :) and they dust use pva glue to stick it on tho they quite pricy :(
    also if they are nice staff they will probly give u some tips if you say what your doing

Model railway folks also do similar work. Contact the model rail guys in your area.

I have done a little myself a long time ago. I dropped it, and always wanted to get back into dioramas, but not so far. RC has me too busy.

I took these pics of dioramas that I found inspiring last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Coolwings,

Great work, always wanted to give that time of thing a try for displaying my cars, but have decided to concenrate on improving my modelling skills first, then worrying about displaying them.

Oh forgot to say in the other thread, The Dokters Focus is fantastic looking, if either The doktor or yourself could do up a step by step guide I know I would really appreciate it.

Ciaran

I should not take credit for other peoples stuff.
    I took those pics because I was suitably impressed and I wanted to have a go soon. So these are to imspire me and get me up and going!#

The steelyard is just incredible, the pic only shows about a third of it.

My son a done a house/ diorama, I will get him to post a pic or 2 in the pics of models thread.

Advertisement