Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony DCR-HC19E

• 14-01-2006 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi i really need some help. I got this camera and a few videos for the night to edit off a friend and they are very good quality on the camera however.... they come out terribly on the computer when i copy it? Any info?? please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

How are you coping it on to the computer.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Kev The Catbag

usb.........windows movie maker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

usb.........windows movie maker
    You'll need to use FireWire to get the video onto your computer. Transferring by USB (even if it's 2.0 I think) reduces the quality because USB 1.1 can't stream full quality DV. You can pick up a FireWire card for very cheap along with a cable. Alternatively you may already have one on your sound card.

Lodgepole wrote:
    You'll need to use FireWire to get the video onto your computer. Transferring by USB (even if it's 2.0 I think) reduces the quality because USB 1.1 can't stream full quality DV. You can pick up a FireWire card for very cheap along with a cable. Alternatively you may already have one on your sound card.

Since the camera doesn't have firewire you can't do that. USB 2.0 should be fast enough. I assume your PC has USB 2.0?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

the camera does have firewire . All minidv cameras bar the very very old jvc camcorders have firewire. Buy a card for around €50 it will come with the cable and some simple software . The camera doesnt have a firewire input so you wont be able to transfer it back onto the camcorder once its on the pc you will have to burn it to dvd.

• Advertisement

Ah, indeed it does.... The site I looked for the specs on only said USB.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saibhne

Hi i really need some help. I got this camera and a few videos for the night to edit off a friend and they are very good quality on the camera however.... they come out terribly on the computer when i copy it? Any info?? please?

Also check what file format you are copying to - is it .AVI or .wmv or other and make sure your compression settings are not set too low.

Advertisement