Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thought id make the leap and have just bought a CSS book

Options
  • 14-01-2006 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Thought it was about time to step out into the light :D

Also got a mysql book so they should keep me busy for a while!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Thats nice to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Sharing's caring...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

lol, hope its good!! It hasnt arrived yet, bought it off amazon. Has anyone heard of it?

The CSS Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks and Hacks [Paperback]
    By: Rachel Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Yeh, I have it, and this one. They're both fantastic. Simple to follow and you'll be up and running in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

lol, hope its good!! It hasnt arrived yet, bought it off amazon. Has anyone heard of it?

The CSS Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks and Hacks [Paperback]
    By: Rachel Andrew
    Excellent book for quick solutions. I bought it in the Book Centre in Waterford in December. Though I bought it hoping that I would learn how to do spreadsheet layouts using CSS only. Ironically the book recommended using tables to do it. But it made a lot of sense and the examples are well explained.

Beginning CSS Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design by Richard York (Wrox) is a good book as well - goes from the basics right up to complex designs.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Just got the book now and first impressions are good. After a bit of flicking though i am a bit wooried of the "hacks", for example to get things to display the same in IE 5 and IE6. Is this not a bit teadeous, especially when you also have to worry about all the other browsers, or will i never want to use a table again once i get the hang of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

No, don't worry too much about the hacks. There is always a way to do things so you don't need hacks, but anyway, yes, you'll never use a table again!! (Well, except for those times when you need to display 'tabular data' of course :) As the book says, that's what they were designed for!!)

Good luck, enjoy the coding. It gets addictive once you figure out what you're doing!!

Advertisement