Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Programming

Options
  • 15-01-2006 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I have resolved to learn Java properly. I did a bit in colege but I was useless at it and never took it seriously but now, Im going to nail it!!!!

Anyways, what I want to know is where can I download a program to run my java code??? Like in college, I remeber we used textpad and clicked on "Run Java Applet" to run the code, something like that???

Very Very sorry for such a basic question to all ye experienced programmers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

best, thing to do is start using a nice IDE ('program to run my java code' as you call it). I'd recommend trying eclipse : www.eclipse.org
    It's a tool that is used a lot by industry.
    oh, and don't forget to down the SUN Java Runtime Environment (JRE) http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    (there is a another version called the Java Development Kit (SDK), but with Eclipse, you only need the JRE version to compile code).

Advertisement