Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where do you sell modified cars?

Options
  • 15-01-2006 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am just wondering which magazines/papers people buy who are looking for Jap import modified cars... I tried giving ads to buy&sell but the pictures are very small and no one hardly calls...

And also, any idea where people meet up in Cork to show off their modified cars or something?...

Very silly questions, but, ah, bless.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Put for sale stickers in your window.Anyone ive known to sell a modded car has gotten the most serious calls from that.

I find that you get too many time wasters in the buy and sell,altho you have the option of autotrader and cbg too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I was working in cork earlier this year and there was alot of modded cars in an esso petrol station there every night, it was near the county council tower as you head into the town from there.

was a bit of a boy racer meet though, stupidly modded cars, 15 year old girls hanging around with them etc....

I think that esso was closed down there a few weeks ago,www.racershaven.com is mostly cork and surrounding based so you'l get info of meetings on there

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Autrader Modified Cars secison works well. Stickers int he window is a must. Also advertise it on all the car sites. www.manic-motorz.com www.cruise-irl.com, www.racershaven.com etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10 disposition

yep, esso is down, because I actually go to UCC, so...
    Yeah most of them would be...err boy racers. See the car that I have for sale, or rather cars, would suit perfect to those boy racers, nothing serious, but exactly what they are after...

Yeah it's true, I got loads of assholes calling me through buy&sell..stuff like 'is your 1l Yaris turbo?' O.o

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement

what ya selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 disposition

draffodx wrote:
    what ya selling?
    Jap imported Toyota Vitz (Yaris), 2 of them, both 1l and both with a full body kit and sports suspensions and shock absorbers and one 1.3Vitz, also imported...
    They are '99 and '00...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I dont think thats the proper link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gavin.keogh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

You could try cruiseirl.com as well.

Picture001.jpg

enjoy gav

Picture003.jpg

and the boot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

About the 306 boot : That is some seriously messy/bad wiring! sorry , but it is. man that would put me right off buyin a car. Very nice looking car apart from that though.

@OP: Put you cars in autotrader in the "modified, sports, and performance" category. you can get a well f*ckin big picture in there and ones of inside and everythin.
    Unfortunately, no1 probably callin because Yaris(Vitz in your case), are really slow and seen by many as a old person's car or a girl's car, grand for use as a small economical city car but not exactly a modifiers favourite. IMO they're ugly little bastards (all, not yours in particular) but that's only me.
    Whatever about me not likin the cars, the autotrader will work. Sold a 325i bmw after 2 day in that 3weeks ago. Have sold a good few cars in that.

Yeah thats an old pic. The Amp wires are now hidden by the carpet at the back and the 6x9's are still the same, was going to case off the shelf but don't have time.

cheers for the advice

gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Tis grand. Was just sayin that it was messy wiring, not givin out, but i think you got that. If you were keeping the car i'd say change how that wirin's done on the back of you're 6x9s because it looks as if it'll come apart soon. might be fine like but i'm just sayin. I f*ck around doin a bit of custom wiring on on modified/custom made guitar and bass speaker cabs from time to time and on that anyway if the wiring isnt spot on, especially on bass cabs or disco/pa sysyem bass bins, it'll go ****ed from the vibration shaking it apart.
    Anyway, as long as it tidied up now it's all good because you're sellin the car.
    As i said before , very nice looking and probably quite quick with that big diesel in it probably one i'd go look at if i wasnt obsessed with rear wheel drive, i'd say it must be a biatch with the torque-steer off it though. Just out of interest, have you changed it to a HDi rather than the original engine because i'm thinkin the D-turbo was a 1.9TD or maybe the made a 2.0litre one.... you ever see that dutch guy's one that used be at shows in england where he fitted a modified, rebored 2.1 D-turbo with a massive turbo off a 3 litre renault van into the back like the mid engined renault clio V6? That was cool. Had a mental wide arch kit and the exhaust goin out through the hatch door.

yeah it is the 2L HDI but no one ever know what HDI means so it is easier to say D Turbo. Know the car ur talking bout serious kit! I had a buyer for the car but he couldn't get insurance, kick in the hole! looking for 8,000E only now

gav

am looking at a few of these and thats the finest example i've seen, but am after one with lower mileage

thats cool, but ya ant gona find many with low miles on it. Its in excellent order, has been looked after, if ya want 2 take a look at it let me know
    gav

• Advertisement

yeh i knw, to be honest i'm only gonna change if i can find a low mileage one and i realise thats highly unlikely to happen

would €7000 interest u???

Ive just been looking over some Yaris Vtiz and never knew they came in a 1.5turbo.Talk about a sleeper!

Did u manage to sell your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Jap imported Toyota Vitz (Yaris), 2 of them, both 1l and both with a full body kit and sports suspensions and shock absorbers and one 1.3Vitz, also imported...
    They are '99 and '00...
    I was looking for one of these for months now I am stuck with a yaris sol:(
    love the white one,good luck with your sale anyway well worth the money.

Advertisement