Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

media centre tv tuning

• 15-01-2006 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

i have installed my tv tuner and its works perfect with the bundled software with decent picture quality, but when i try and watch tv in media centre it tells me i have lost the signal due to low data rate ? and all i get is a wierd skweeky version of the sound of the channels that i should be watching, if it works on the desktop with the bundled software why doesent it work with media centre ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Perhaps it's just not compatible.. Check the settings in MC (i.e. That it's set to PAL (Should be I, but others may work better..)
    Check for updated drivers for the card from the manufacturer?
    Google whether it's compatible..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skantflock

Its a pinnacle tv tuner and its web page has a windows media centre logo on it, so its compatible. I got the latest drivers too, it works perfect with the bundled software. how do i set media centre to pal ? iv set up the signal through tv settings, when it searches for channels it says it had found 21 services and its all fine till i try and view live tv, i get sound but it has a delay running behind it , its the same audio just a few seconds behind and its really high pitched and annoying, after a few seconds of a blank black screen i get the message that it has stop recieving data due to low data rate in the signal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Contact Pinnacle,tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It may also be the graphics card. I don't use MC, but I do (did) use Media Portal - same thing. The tuner card worked perfect outside of Media Portal using the Hauppauge software, but the tv component just wouldn't work within MP.

Advertisement