Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edge v Ric Flair in a TLC???

• 15-01-2006 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

It's being advertised for Raw this Monday. If they go through with the match I don't know what their thinking especially if they go at it full steam. Edge is just back from injury and Ric Flair doing one of these matches at this stage in his career is dangerous territory.

I can see how them having a match to kill their feud off is necessary but if they don't go for it 100% the match will suck and if they do it could lead to injuries very easily.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They got a big rating for the sex show which they mentioned on their website so I think they want to cling to that rating and also expand on it by advertising a TLC match. I agree that these aren't the athletes that should be in the match. I wonder if this will be a way to keep Flair off of TV for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Recently theyve been doing the shock factor and bringing back matches that havnt been seen in ages, for example Raw had its first first blood match in a few years there the other week and smackdown had its first tag team cage match in four years if I remember right. It's been ages since weve had a TLC. I think MNG is right and they want to keep the ratings up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'd Doubt Flair will (can) much in this match. So i'd expect Cena to come down and interfere alot. Still would be worth watching. I like this whole twist factor WWE got going now. Puts some of the magic of Wrestling back into this industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Yep, and with a HBK/Angle match, you can see that spreading to Vince making it a title match early in the show, then screwing HBK out of it at the end; Angle goes back to Smackdown Champ, and Vince/HBK is set for Wrestlemania.

Edge and Cena are at the Rumble,possibly with Angle having a defense as well with whatever smackdown cooks up, which takes all main contenders out so that HHH gets a Rumble victory without major worries/story conflicts, and ties himself into a WM main event. But which championship, WWE or World?? That could be an early post-Rumble Raw teaser (HHH v Angle would be an amazing WM Main Event)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

antifyre wrote:
    Yep, and with a HBK/Angle match, you can see that spreading to Vince making it a title match early in the show, then screwing HBK out of it at the end; Angle goes back to Smackdown Champ, and Vince/HBK is set for Wrestlemania.

Edge and Cena are at the Rumble,possibly with Angle having a defense as well with whatever smackdown cooks up, which takes all main contenders out so that HHH gets a Rumble victory without major worries/story conflicts, and ties himself into a WM main event. But which championship, WWE or World?? That could be an early post-Rumble Raw teaser (HHH v Angle would be an amazing WM Main Event)

Henry is still getting his title shot at the Rumble apparently, just against Angle rather than Batista obviously.
    Hemsley is obviously a strong Rumble contender but I can see them going with Orton, they are heLl bent on getting him over and this would be a good opportunity. Although having him win the belt last week would have also been an opportunity but they didn’t go with that. However, this favor Booker now owes him will result in him being involved in the world title picture I think, so it will be him and Angle at WM I'd say.
    And if HHH does win the Rumble, there will be no question of him going to SM I don't think, so I’d imagine it will be Cena beating Edge and then the Cena/HHH feud that we've known is coming since Cena moved to Raw.
    Although I’d love to see Edge retain and be involved in the WM main even somehow, possibly a Triple Threat with Cena and HHH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Does anybody not fancy Angle Vs Benoit for Mania like?????

I personally think its clear as day that its the best main event smackdown could have at mania. I know anytime ive seen these two compete either with or against each other its a match ive never wanted to see finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

In this instance I disagree. Without doubt the 2 of them can put on matches that are just unbelievably great. But its not exactly a fresh program, they 've wrestled each other on a hell of alot of ppv's. Plus, for me wrestlemania is about moments, getting someone over, giving them a defining moment ie. HBK at wrestlemania 12, Batista last year and you could argue that wrestlemania 10 was Bret Harts defining moment.

Chris Benoit has had that moment. Nothing could top it. It's a moment in wrestling that fills you with pride to be a wrestling fan.
    So would it be a great match? Of course but I'm not sure how it would help WWE make new stars or get them 2 over even more than they already are. In saying that Benoit should be at the very least in the main event picture.
    All the boxes are ticked for Rey. Thats my prediction.

Rumour has it that it will be Angle vs Orton for the belt but Taker has said he wants a good wrestling match this year and Angle's name has been mentioned for that.

Personally I would love to see Angle vs Rey for the title with Rey getting the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i'm going for rey for the main event for wrestlemania this year, he's been with the company 3 years now, and plus he's a great face and a great competitor. it's his time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Lets get back to the topic. Did anyone see this match? I saw the clips on WWE.com and it looks about as good a 2 man (one man being 56 years old) TLC match could be. Fair play to Edge he maid it decent. Altough I doubt it was as fast paced and full of action as previous TLCs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Actually played out pretty well i thought. Obliviously Edge did most of the spots and he didnt mess them up except the drop kick from the ladder. But still turned out to be better than i thought.

Lets get back to the topic. Did anyone see this match? I saw the clips on WWE.com and it looks about as good a 2 man (one man being 56 years old) TLC match could be. Fair play to Edge he maid it decent. Altough I doubt it was as fast paced and full of action as previous TLCs

Flair did brilliantly. Nearly every site I've read has praised him. He took great spots like Edge crashing him through a table off the ladder as well as being superplexed off of the ladder. He was also bleeding very heavily as well.

I thought he was top class and I personally wouldn't mind seeing Flair being given one more last run with the WWE belt. Unlike Hogan he can actually have a long match and make the other guy look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Agreed. People have been writing off Flair for years but even after all this time he can still produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Flair did well, he only made one mistake but in fairness it was an easy one to make, wit hblood in his eyes he was too far away from edge for the ladder dropkick, but the ladder to table splash and edges off the ladder to the outside bumps were great, fair play to the two wrestlers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Great match, the ending was terrible though.

All in all a nice match to have as your first title defense.

Advertisement