Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

listening to commanders

Options
  • 15-01-2006 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

i just played commander for the last 6 hours with all the guys in all 3 swuads who were all american and by god did we kick ass, when people actually listen to exactly what the commander says its alot more likefly that ya will win....

so do ye listen to commanders or do u just go off on yer own....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

listening to your commander is what make the game different... and good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Honestly, on the most part the commanders i've played with aren't that great. So I tend to find that I will either do my own thing, or have up to 2 of my friends help me in a general plan conquest of the map.

Doesn't take more than 2 people to win a map if they're really good at what they do. The rest of the team then just serves as cannon fodder :D (Publics obviously - though i'd love a good private game with a commander)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Honestly, on the most part the commanders i've played with aren't that great. So I tend to find that I will either do my own thing, or have up to 2 of my friends help me in a general plan conquest of the map.

Doesn't take more than 2 people to win a map if they're really good at what they do. The rest of the team then just serves as cannon fodder :D (Publics obviously - though i'd love a good private game with a commander)

I agree with ICEMAN and the ropemeister...
    Commanders are hit and miss, I was playing recently on a server and we lost 4 rounds in a row cos some asswipe was acting the dick as commander.
    Orders over and over and over again... not dropping supplies, artying us as we capped flags etc. etc.
    Finally an admin kicked him off cos he was so annoying and stupid....

Have had some great games as commander myself when people actually listened, as in defend the flag, so many time have I sent out orders to defend a flag only for the dicks to run off to the next one to cap it...
    If people do what I say when I play as commander I usually heap praise on them and that seems to encourage them to listen...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The odd time, I do. Depends if what they want me to do, and I am doing, anyhoo's. Usually I run amock, and help others. TBH, tho, the fúckers I reallyu hate are the commanders who fight, or even worse, fly. You simply can't pilot a chopper, and command at the same time, tbh. If they're the gunner, thats OK, tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Teamwork will win the day, any day. Sounds obvious but I think a lot of people really under estimate the power that a single competant squad have.

Its happens occasionally on a public server. Out of thirty two people, six work together and between them they utterly dominate the map. And there's nothing anyone can do about it unless they do the same. I just wish more noobs would realise that...

Throw a good commander in there and the enemy hasn't got a prayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I will listen to the commander, unless he does something stupid and artys a flag that you've just taken back that has only one enemy coming to take it back yet there are 4 of your team at the flag, arty forces us to run from cover enemy unit takes out 2 of us then takes me out the the other guy that didnt move gets t/k'd by arty. Or when the commander goes off flying in a plane or heli.
    But most of the time i will listen to the commander. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I prefer to be a squad member as I dont have to
    constantly worry about the next "target" etc.....

Although I usually follow the commander unless
    he asks me to trek across the entire map to
    repair arty or something like that.

Had a brilliant game on the tactical gamer server
    last night. Commander has complete control over
    the squads and so on down the ranks.

Pity the server itself is not ranked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Shiny, are you Shiny_ie on the planetbattlefield forums?

Nope thats not me.

I'm not a member of that forum.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

depends on the situation.

sometimes in a squad you could be in one part of the map but the commander will tell you to attack some place on the other side of the map (despite no one being near there). i'm not going to attack another place when i'm capping another flag.

and commanders need to listen to to guys on the field. last night i spent ages asking for supplies so i could take out artillery, ended up not getting it and had to piss off and cap some flags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I play commander a fair bit myself and i would say im not half bad as i always listen to the squads, but one thing that really annoys me is when you art an enemy target and jus as the strike is about 2 hit the target u get 1 or 2 of your team decide ti run right into it, if they paid attention they'd see the strike on the map, but with all that aside, yes i listen to the commander cause i know how fustrating it is when some of your tea mates ignore you but if the commander is stupid and not playing prop. i'll stick with 1 or 2 mates!

Its amazing what 2 r 3 people can do when they work together!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

I love games where you have a good commander and 1 or 2 good squads......on both teams.

a lot of the games we played yesterday ended with the winning team having less than 10 tickets. more than one round ended 1-0.

now those are great games, fighting right down to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Jet pilot commanders deseve to be repeatedly TK'd. That is all.

I hardly ever notice the arty symbol.
    The only time i notice is when the commander
    types:

..........................ARTY WATCH OUT!!.....................

into the chat console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

i was in a sniper aquad once, ( squad with just snipers ) and the commander knew exaxtly what to do with us, where to put us, what we were to do etc, by the last round, every opposing team member was just hunting us we were crippling them that much. I think the best games ive had is when you get a commander, squad and all the players in the squad work as a team..hence

Good commander + Good squad = Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I ignore them unless Im squad leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Ye but some people dont give the commander a chance to show what hes worth!!! They just go off and do their own thing!! But once theres an established commander the other team have no chance!!

Advertisement