Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Street Snackery...

Options
  • 15-01-2006 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

...what's the craic with all those new fancy boards and posters for TG4??? As if there wasn't enough room for socs and the like posters already now they're selling wallspace to TV and covering up the lovely pool area decorations. What fool went and authorised all that?

Glad to see that the DIT tradition was being held up though, posters edited in pen within minutes of being put up :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Yeah, covering over the painting in the pool area was a mistake. I'll probably draw over the adverts when they go up, like WTF, you[dit] manage money so badly in administration that you have to resort to advertising now.
    Oh, better idea, make fake ads for stuff and stick them up over. Hmmm.
    Did anyone every visit that 20 lives nokia thing? I never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

20 Lives Nokia???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

I saw them over in auinger street too, so its defo the SU that are doing it. As far as i remember they are not even the owners of the sanckery so i dont see how they can be selling advertising space there.

I back the idea of a petition to get the space for socs and clubs posters back i would sign it myself. As for now i think socs and clubs should bycot the posters by either demanding a rise in their budget and if that is not provided they should simply cover the posters with their own ones.

Last year i was given out to for putting a DjSoc poster over the grafiti walls at the pool tables because they had to pay money to get that done. And now they sell off the space?? NOT ON!

Dave.

I'm with you Dave, the snackery is for the students therefore we should be allowed to use the wallspace. I say we start moving clubs and socs posters into the new swanky frames...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

You print them and ill help cover "The Camera" you know, the one that points away from the people that smoke joints 24 /7....

• Advertisement

That's actually a camera now??? I always thought it was a bottle cap and a tissue box, it's not like it seems to ever send any images anywhere, otherwise the drugs squad would be doing regular rounds. Having said that if you have the utter cheek to sit on a desk Snackery Cop will be there in seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johnwoods

Hehe, Ahh brilliant The Snackery is just fantastic, smoking joints 24/7 in it, is one of the things that makes it so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

havent been in there since before xmas...but thats a bit ridiculous having advertising up like that...

hmmm... what a terrible shame it would be if it all just disappeared......

Some kind and generous SU gimp has since posted messages explaining or more commanding from on high that the advertisements are not to be covered over (yea cos that'll tell people). The huge middle boards are still for Socs posters it seems and they're special sticky boards that require no normal adhesive!!!

What's the best they'll be covered in rubbish, coins, random fluff and people's jackets by Friday?

Advertisement