Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am Delighted with Eircom !

• 15-01-2006 3:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

After 1 year with Eircom BB (today to the date), I have had an excellent service, Download speeds never below 820kps, upload never below 102 (since the upgrade to 1 mb). I have never ever had a problem logging on,Never a problem with billing 33 euro per month. I have called tech support 3 times, sorted me out fairly quickly. This is just a positive post, for a change !! This probably will get a negative response, and NO I dont work for them,Just a satisfied Customer.....Let the "flurry" begin ! Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wind00ze

plug!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i suppose you will always have happy customers and unhappy customers, thats the perils of buisness.
    Eircom in fairness have been known for their decent BB service that has always had good uptime, same gos for BT also.
    But in these providers of the DSL market, people say
    Eircom offer a good solid service but charge more for less
    BT offer a good service for less, but their billing department are as good as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

Eircom have a reputation of slowing things down to their level, ie people changing providers, eircom put it on the long finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, Eircom are fine until you run into a problem, then they could care less. I was positive about Eircom aswell for a while there, now I try my best to steer people away from them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got eircom BB last Feb.
    I was very happy up until christmas time,then had a few weeks of terrible speed.
    Seems sorted now but has somewhat blackened an otherwise flawless service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

I've been very happy with their speeds up to the last couple of days (as it has become a bit sluggish). I believe that they had some upgrading plans for this weekend, which may be the source of the lag.

But I am still appalled at the cost: 33 PLUS the line rental charge. I have no need for a land line and hate the fact that I have to pay this exorbitant charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When you're paying €57 a month you'd want to be happy with the service because you're being robbed blind. Anyone happy with eircom broadband should really review just how happy thay are to pay €57 a month for 1Mb/128k broadband. I wouldn't be too happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

jor el wrote:
    Anyone happy with eircom broadband should really review just how happy thay are to pay €57 a month for 1Mb/128k broadband.

jor el you are the only one being robbed blind, if you are paying €57 for a service that really costs €30

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

tuxy wrote:
    jor el you are the only one being robbed blind, if you are paying €57 for a service that really costs €30

I think he might be including the line rental with that figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have Eircom for as long as its out used to be €125 a month now its 40ish and only had 2 problems both lasted 5 minutes and when sorted my speed was doubled. I dont pay the phone bill so im a happy eircom customer :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

I'm quite happy with eircom (most basic non-time-limited package). Reliable. Only about two hours downtime noticed in the last year, all on sunday nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I was happy, until my speeds dropped to uner 30kbps for about a day and a half. This happened twice. So since then i have not been happy, aslo the download cap annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I am switching from Eircom to BT at the moment purely for financial reasons.
    I must say thet the Broadband service was exemplary during my time with Eircom .
    On 2 occassions I had problems with the line,Eircom sent out an engineer the same day who put in a new line for me and spent well over 4 hours on site.
    A very knowledgeable and friendly guy.
    I've heard that BT dont provide any line repair service which is a bit worrying.

tuxy wrote:
    Anybody on Eircom broadband is being robbed, they're the ones paying €57 for a service that they shouldn't be paying any more than about €30 for, I'm not. I include line rental there as it's not possible to have Eircom broadband without paing the line rental. I pay €50 a month for 2Mb/128k including line rental.

If you have no problems with the quality of broadband from Eircom then you'll have no problems with any of the re-sellers as it's the exact same thing, only they're all cheaper.

So my question to those who are happy is why? Why pay more than you need to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I never had a problem with Eircom broadband when I had it. Good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

MarinoMark wrote:
    Download speeds never below 820kps

Suprised nobody mentioned this. Do you mean 82Kbps? To have downstream of 820kbps requires ~7Mbps dsl link. Last time I looked Eircom dont offer this. :) If you do mean 82Kbps then thats a joke tbh

elvis2002 wrote:
    Suprised nobody mentioned this. Do you mean 82Kbps? To have downstream of 820kbps requires ~7Mbps dsl link. Last time I looked Eircom dont offer this. :) If you do mean 82Kbps then thats a joke tbh
    Why is it so difficult for people to understand this? Small b is bits, large B is bytes. So no, 820kbps does not repuire a 7Mbps line. 820kbps is probably a little low for a 1Mbps line. Though since he mentions that as a minimum and not typical it's probably right.

You can safely assume thet MarinoMark meant 820kbps when he said 820kps, as 820kBps would not be possible on an Eircom line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i would usually say 820 KB/ps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

lets split hairs here, when i say 820, you all know what I mean, Jesus,get a life..????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jor el wrote:
    Anybody on Eircom broadband is being robbed, they're the ones paying €57 for a service that they shouldn't be paying any more than about €30 for, I'm not. I include line rental there as it's not possible to have Eircom broadband without paing the line rental. I pay €50 a month for 2Mb/128k including line rental.

If you have no problems with the quality of broadband from Eircom then you'll have no problems with any of the re-sellers as it's the exact same thing, only they're all cheaper.

So my question to those who are happy is why? Why pay more than you need to?

Not true ask UTV customers about the various troubles they have had since the introduction of Clicksilver. Esat and UTV also ran short of capacity a couple of times and pings also differ betweek isps.

Advertisement