Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're back tomorrow...balls

Options
  • 15-01-2006 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Well we're back in University College Dublin...wait for it...Dublin tomorrow and is anyone else like me feeling very apprehensive about going back? I think it's because my first semester was a big disaster study-wise and I didn't learn very much.

Now it's back to going to bed early, getting up early, 9 am starts, coming in at 10 and missing your 9 am start, awkward social situations, rip-off prices (paying for sauce? My arse), essay after essay after essay before...oh good! Another essay...

Then there's the realisation that exams are approaching fast and that failure is a possibility.

It's oh so very depressing.

Someone cheer me up with a far more uplifting scenario. Ok...wait for it...now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Fcuk that I can't wait to be back!

Just to hang around the Department of Lung Cancer at least... Only 15 more weeks enjoyment is what's left for me. Makes me all sad inside. Maw.:(

But for now I'm just happy that the adventure shall be resumed!

Never even started a Politics project (worth 25% of the course) that I'm supposed to hand in tomorro, but screw it, I'll beg borrow or steal an extension. Mwa-ha-ha!:D

Let the Studies BEGIN!:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

SebtheBum wrote:
    Let the Studies BEGIN!:v:

Oh Seb, you crack me up. Studies indeed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

SebtheBum wrote:
    Only 15 more weeks enjoyment is what's left for me.

Sweet mother of all that is holy PLEASE tell me we have longer than that???!!?"!?"

Ohman I am so screwed!

Oh, and to top it off.....I have a bloody big library fine that I forgot to pay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Haha, my mate Aaron has a €97 book fine:p

Wow.....well I don't think mine is that big (I hope!)

Hehe, you might want to tell him to pay that or he won't be allowed graduate :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

No, he wants to argue with 'em, fool them by giving them some crazy excuse... "I was sick"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Wahoo not back til Tuesday.... more sleep for me! :v:

Ah strangely can't wait to get back, bored out of my balls this college year so I need something to prevent insanity....... MNG any essays give them to me..... Seb any coursework 2 and half years overdue jus give it here.*

* I promise not keep these promises

solace wrote:
    No, he wants to argue with 'em, fool them by giving them some crazy excuse... "I was sick"...

Hahahaha yea i can see that working....... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tonymontana

Kinda glad to be gettin back, bored as **** the last 2 weeks, should have really got a job, would have saved me from starting reading War & Peace!

I would be glad to go back if I wasn't at 9 every god damn morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

tbh i cant wait to get back, only so much boredom i can take and re runs of the x factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Not in till 1 tomorrow for my one and only lecture of the day.
    I think ill survive.

Tuesday on the other hand....o god no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Whats the big deal about going back? Its not as if anyone here actualy does any work . A couple of lectures thats ill probably skip tomorrow. No biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

10am starts for me mostly. So many practicals though...meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

try being in UL. we have been back since the 3rd and had to face straight into study. cant wait for next semester and sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grimes wrote:
    Whats the big deal about going back? Its not as if anyone here actualy does any work . A couple of lectures thats ill probably skip tomorrow. No biggie.

It's about being asked to do work though. Also I've no idea when my courses start tomorrow since they change with the semester. Anyone else the same? :v:

It's about being asked to do work though. Also I've no idea when my courses start tomorrow since they change with the semester. Anyone else the same? :v:

Do you not have your SIS timetable? Im in at 12 and finished at 5 :D But ill probably go home before that. Actually I will . Just remembered my car needs to be serviced and I have to get it to knocklyon before 5 . Wee half day for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

*stabs self in the eye with thumb ''I will study; I will study...''*

No more hanging around that wall smoking and playing with Sebs hair... STUDY!!!!!

6 essays next semester... each one will be painful... I will be in the library 'til all hours too. Cutting out drink too... Positive thoughts... De-tox course (will skip the enema though :) )....

Grimes wrote:
    Do you not have your SIS timetable? Im in at 12 and finished at 5 :D But ill probably go home before that. Actually I will . Just remembered my car needs to be serviced and I have to get it to knocklyon before 5 . Wee half day for me

I checked my timetable and it doesn't tell me anything. I guess I'll stroll in late as usual.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Im lookin forward to going back tommorow!have this excited butterfly in my stomach feeling-dunno why!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I can't wait for tomorrow! Get to see all my friends (all!....or as many as i have dreamt up!)

Only one class and then chill for the day with people....only so many holidays one can take!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

looking forward to being back, though having to accept that I got none of the stuff I promised myself I'd do over the holidays done so I'm in just the same position as I was when I left:(
    Also I don't know my timetable so I'll have to try to be in at 9, haven't been up that early in weeks so it'll be a very ill looking humbert around college tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 goodstuff

Here im working and its just crap, in and out 9 to 6 every day dealing with stupid customers, i wish i was in college!

panda100 wrote:
    Im lookin forward to going back tommorow!have this excited butterfly in my stomach feeling-dunno why!

I have that feeling but it's nervousness and apprehension.:(

I couldnt care less whether Im back or gone or there or here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I have that feeling but it's nervousness and apprehension.:(

well thats what my butterflys are like there's a wierd mixture of excitment,nervousness and the likes.it feels like years since we broke up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

panda100 wrote:
    it feels like years since we broke up!
    Yeah that 6 week break was a pain in the tits tbh.

Roll on 2nd Semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

Not looking forward to going back and don't know my time table because one of my units never happened last semester and I'm still looking for a replacement.
    I tried the Applied Language Centre, no courses. I don't think there is a 'History and Philosophy of Science' course this year. I did three subjects in second year: Statistics says I can't do any more statistics courses this year, I almost failed Computer Science and the most interesting course (Visual Computing) was on in Semester 1, I can only find three Pass Maths courses timetabled for Semester 2 and I'm already doing one of those so it's looking like I have to choose between Complex Analysis and Combinatorial Mathematics.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i have no feelings at all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Six bloody weeks, and what have i accomplished? I haven't even completed that computer game i said i might as well finish. I haven't been up before 1 in ages. Bring semester two on! I need to bring some productivity back into my life..............no wait, I don't actually work in college. Well thats gonna change!

Ha I almost believed myself there. Long live laziness.

Advertisement