Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're back tomorrow...balls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

panda100 wrote:
    well thats what my butterflys are like there's a wierd mixture of excitment,nervousness and the likes.it feels like years since we broke up!

Panda, let's keep our relationship issues separate from Boards. Please. Back on topic, yeah I'm still pretty uneasy about tomorrow but Refresher's week is back so that cheers me up somewhat.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

It's only Refreshers' Day I'm afraid. (Monday 23rd)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yea what's this refreshers week that's been mentioned, I missed the first month or so of this year so missed freshers week:mad: can I join stuff or is more just events for first years?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

From an e-mail:

"...

This year we have planned a Refreshers' Day on Monday, 23 January, to
    give everyone a second chance to join clubs and societies and to meet
    new people. This will take place in the Student Centre from 12.00 to
    7.00 p.m. and the Students' Union is organising an event in the Centre
    Club that evening. If you feel that you did not avail of the
    opportunities on offer last semester and would like to get involved in
    a new activity, then Refreshers' Day is an ideal opportunity to join a
    club or society.

Mary Clayton

Vice-President for Students"

cool, thanks, have to try and not miss that:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeha im actually going to try and go to some society meetings this semster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

MNG, since you're a fellow history and politics person I can fill you in on your times! What options are you doing?

I'm not in until 4 tomorrow... it's great! But then tuesday starts the 9 o'clock starts for the rest of the week... ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

beanyb wrote:
    MNG, since you're a fellow history and politics person I can fill you in on your times! What options are you doing?

I'm not in until 4 tomorrow... it's great! But then tuesday starts the 9 o'clock starts for the rest of the week... ugh

Well it's history tomorrow at 9 isn't it? I think I'm doing the Celtic Literary Revival thingy. Is that on at 9 do you know?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

What week is next week considered? As in, two of my tutorials start on week 23, is that next week does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I thought next week was week 20?:confused:

• Advertisement

Could be, the tutorial is every second week, maybe it's not on for anyone on the first two weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Yeah some tutorials don't start for another two weeks which is fine by me!!! Was dreading going back. Now that i know I've only twelve hours this week it's really not so bad! Think I'd be more inclined to go to college if it was just lectures, not into this tutorial thing at all.

yea hate tutorials and labs, wouldn't college be great without them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

lol yeah. no tutorials, practicals/labs. Great stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Slash/ED wrote:
    What week is next week considered? As in, two of my tutorials start on week 23, is that next week does anyone know?

Go to SIS web
    Click on Information for Students
    Click Registration
    Click Student Detail Schedule

It should then list each module and each tutorials you've registered for the second semester. It will give your tutorial dates too.

I *think* semester 1 = week 1 to 12 / 6 week break = weeks 13-18 / semester 2 = weeks 19 - 33 (including 3 week spring break)

so by my guessing if you're starting on week 23 that would be sometime around February 20th which does sound odd. What subject is this out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Grimes wrote:
    Do you not have your SIS timetable? Im in at 12 and finished at 5 :D But ill probably go home before that. Actually I will . Just remembered my car needs to be serviced and I have to get it to knocklyon before 5 . Wee half day for me

That SIS thing doesn't work for me at all... are you a first year? Am I just an idiot? Find out after these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

That SIS thingy seems to neglect us Third years :(

Seb my little furball......do we have history tomorrow?

Also, does anyone know anything about the English seminars? Do they start straight away? I really should have checked if i have that tomorrow or friday. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

That SIS thingy seems to neglect us Third years :(

Seb my little furball......do we have history tomorrow?
    Peacheh darlin, I have no idea... But I'm gonna head in tomorro anyway and hedge my bets.

2pm Theatre L innit?

I, unfortunately, have an 11am start cos I'm foolish enuff to do Politics... But I'm lookin forward to it all the same.

10am start on Tue will be a b*tch, as it was in 1st Semester.... But what can ya do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

It says that I have a tutorial tommorow on the SIS weekly time table. That couldn't be right having no lectures yet in thay module can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

doubt it.i'm praying i dont have land law tutorials this week, i'd rather die

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

It says that I have a tutorial tommorow on the SIS weekly time table. That couldn't be right having no lectures yet in thay module can it?
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Had a look at my timetable today and it says that I have a tutorial tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just in case anyone doesn't have them already... CS timetables.

In a way, I'm looking forward to get back... it'll give me something to do with my day that doesn't involve killing brain cells on Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

thank you so much rainbow couldn't get the link off the cs website to work(Duh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

Anyone know the Information Studies Second Year Times for 2moro?

I love how organised we all are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Not 1 9 o'clock or 1 o'clock.
    1 lecture on Wednesdays & 1 on Fridays, 2 on Thuesdays & Thursdays & FOUR LECTURES on MONDAYS!!!
    Other that Mondays, my week looks great!
    /does dancing

lol

well i think i've managed to keep my wednesdays free (depending on how i manage tutorials...fingers crossed)

Might have to do some grovelling in the History department if it turns out my english seminar is the same time as my core history tutorial (which i went to once last semester and did no essays for :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

now i dont want to go back. Im sad . Im getting the whole "leave college and get a job and a nice flat in town buzz again" not good. Not good at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

bobbi wrote:
    Anyone know the Information Studies Second Year Times for 2moro?

Nope, but I should... hopefully, they'll be as apathetic as always and not do anything in the first week back...

• Advertisement

Go to SIS web
    Click on Information for Students
    Click Registration
    Click Student Detail Schedule

It should then list each module and each tutorials you've registered for the second semester. It will give your tutorial dates too.

I *think* semester 1 = week 1 to 12 / 6 week break = weeks 13-18 / semester 2 = weeks 19 - 33 (including 3 week spring break)

so by my guessing if you're starting on week 23 that would be sometime around February 20th which does sound odd. What subject is this out of interest?

Philosphy. Ah well I'm sure they'll announce the tutorial situations on mondays lectures at 10 and 11...Unfortunately I wont be there though...

Advertisement