Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Des on Tubridy

• 15-01-2006 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

anybody see that, it was very funny, yourmans rant about kenny was hilarious for its ott use of language and tubridy's faux pas's and attempts to handle them and des was funny too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Is it Des Bishop?

He does routines in his live shows about being on the Late Late, very funny altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

yea yea i saw it good laugh even des went red when ya man was on bout kenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

oooh - whadhe say, whadhe say?
    Can't wait for the repeat tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Luckily enough i was flicking around and managed to catch it, yer man was class about pat kenny, i dont think either of them could believe he said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I think Tubridy handled the whole situation brilliantly. It was hilarious and completely unpredictable, but Tubridy remained calm and relaxed throughout. Pat Kenny winces when a guest says 'sh*t', and loses control of the entire interview. Tubridy trusts his guests far more, and it's clearly shown in the overall quality of the show. For a man with only a year's experience of live television, he's a hell of a lot better than Kenny and should be given the Late Late Show as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Let him stay with his entertaining program! Dont sell out like everyone seems to do in Ireland, they are really fun and great, then they become serious!
    Its gonna happen on today fm with Ray Foley, he's brill at the mo but they'll give him a 'top show' and he'll have to neutralise and fit into the show.
    The late late is a type of show, Tuburty will have to just be boring to do it! Why is this the way Ireland is?!?!?!
    Look at conan o brian, he's on late at night for years... its a good thing they got going, thye dont mess with it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Ray777 wrote:
    I think Tubridy handled the whole situation brilliantly. It was hilarious and completely unpredictable, but Tubridy remained calm and relaxed throughout. Pat Kenny winces when a guest says 'sh*t', and loses control of the entire interview. Tubridy trusts his guests far more, and it's clearly shown in the overall quality of the show. For a man with only a year's experience of live television, he's a hell of a lot better than Kenny and should be given the Late Late Show as soon as possible.
    Oh my god. I cannot stress enough how much I disagree with this :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Oh my god. I cannot stress enough how much I disagree with this :eek:

You think Pat Kenny is a better presenter than Ryan Tubridy?

Oh my God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I don't think tubridy is that good. He's not nearly as charismatic as the late show hosts in america or britain, and he's not funny either. What's worse is that he seems really akward and uncomfortable with some of his guests. He's not good at all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I think they're both pure ****e. All the good talent in this country gets driven out. That feckin' secret tunnel between UCD and Montrose is still there methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

shabbyroad wrote:
    I think they're both pure ****e. All the good talent in this country gets driven out. That feckin' secret tunnel between UCD and Montrose is still there methinks.
    My sentiments exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I don't think tubridy is that good. He's not nearly as charismatic as the late show hosts in america or britain, and he's not funny either. What's worse is that he seems really akward and uncomfortable with some of his guests. He's not good at all really.
    ssshhhhhhhhh...... he's the best we have!!! hmm.. maybe we should give the Ray and JP from the balst on today fm a tv job!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Its on RTE1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

People should think a little more outside the box than just with Tubirdy and Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Vanessa Feltz is on now. Crazy Christ, she's a horrible piece of mutton.

:D

Gah - your man in the audience wasn't funny at all. Sure he wasn't even being serious, just his idea of 'comedy' :rolleyes:

Tubridy can be very good - where he's so much better than Kenny is the little things: filling awkward silences, coming up with cunning quips, filling out with smalltalk, delivering natural links to camera etc. Overall he steers the ship very well, never a dull moment. But on the downside, there really just isn't the substance nor the confidence in Tubridy that there is with Kenny.
    Tubridy can be great with certain guests, but with other people he has to read his cards, get his thoughts in order and operate in an often astonishingly methodical scripted fashion. Perhaps it will wear off with time, but he can be pretty poor.
    It's more of an experience thing I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Telef&#237 wrote: »
    :D

Gah - your man in the audience wasn't funny at all. Sure he wasn't even being serious, just his idea of 'comedy' :rolleyes:

Tubridy can be very good - where he's so much better than Kenny is the little things: filling awkward silences, coming up with cunning quips, filling out with smalltalk, delivering natural links to camera etc. Overall he steers the ship very well, never a dull moment. But on the downside, there really just isn't the substance nor the confidence in Tubridy that there is with Kenny.
    Tubridy can be great with certain guests, but with other people he has to read his cards, get his thoughts in order and operate in an often astonishingly methodical scripted fashion. Perhaps it will wear off with time, but he can be pretty poor.
    It's more of an experience thing I think.

at the end of the day though Tubridy show is better tv, and thats what counts. Pat Kenny should go back to reading the news...

I wouldn't say better - just different, and not different enough at that to warrant its presence to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Give Moncrieff another shot

Advertisement