Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler problem

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

pretty certain its the pressure vault thingy actually. :(

If you mean the air presure switch then the fan shoud be running if that was defective, i would guess thermister, limit stat or pcb but that's just a guess, When in doubt call someone out:D, Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

plumber came this morning. new pcb to order on monday morning. thinking of investing in a zone pack too, 3 channel digital clock.

Good stuff, zoning the house will save you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cormicar

zuroph wrote: »
    plumber came this morning. new pcb to order on monday morning. thinking of investing in a zone pack too, 3 channel digital clock.

Hi Zuroph,
    Sorry for bringing this post back up after 2 years but I was just wondering did the new PCB fix your problem and did it cost you much in parts and labour.
    I have a Ferolli Tempra 18 and have a similar problem to you.
    The last 2 lights(central heating circuit and mains power) are on solid green but the burner doesn't ignite. Pressure is at 1bar. I opened up the console and saw some burn marks on the PCB so maybe buying a new one on ebay and replacing it might do the trick.

Does anyone know is there a way to test the PCB by maybe testing continuity with a multimeter.

Thanks
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Same problem here. I've been away for a few weeks and when I turned on my boiler today I noticed that the "burner" light doesn't come on. The "bolier shut down" warning also cmae on for a while?

Anyone know what's the problem here?

thanks

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cormicar

I had a friend of a friend out to fix mine. He noticed it was a limit thermostat (part number 50 in the tempra 18 manual) that was faulty. He looped the themostat out of the circuit by replacing it with a small bit of wire and the boiler lit. He advised me to replace the part so I ordered a new one online. When he left I checked the component with a multimeter and there was continuity between the 2 contacts. I then put the part back in and the boiler lit. Very strange. Maybe removing the limit thermostat from the main circuit reset it somehow.
    Anyhow, nice and toasty now.

el diablo - you should check out the flow diagrams here http://www.aroundtownflats.com/manuals/Boilers/Ferroli/Tempra.12-18.pdf. It might point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Thanks for that. Got it working after resetting the boiler a few times.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement