Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

polish language

Options
  • 15-01-2006 3:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Would anybody like to learn Polish?

After reading some Irish forums (not only on Boards.ie) about Polish invasion of Ireland I'm a little anxious about replies to my offer:o But I found a forum for Dublin, where people were looking for Polish classes. I wonder if there is any need of it in Cork, because I am a Pole living in this city and I would be very happy to help somebody and use my knowledge as I've done MA in Polish language and literature in Poland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Jagshemash , Dzien dobry Pepsi Max!

I know that doesnt answer your question , but I thought id show off my rather limited Polish skills while Im here :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 emel

That's nice:) And it's not useless. Your post reminds me that I should be prepared to explain polish pronounciation with english sounds. I tried to do it a few times. "Jagshemash" (Jak sie masz) for example. Thanks, Dzieki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've seen FAS offering safe pass courses in Polish, in Cork and Dublin.
    I imagine there's plenty of requirement for Polish/English classes in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

emel wrote:
    Would anybody like to learn Polish?

After reading some Irish forums (not only on Boards.ie) about Polish invasion of Ireland I'm a little anxious about replies to my offer:o But I found a forum for Dublin, where people were looking for Polish classes. I wonder if there is any need of it in Cork, because I am a Pole living in this city and I would be very happy to help somebody and use my knowledge as I've done MA in Polish language and literature in Poland.
    ya yesta maire

I'd love to- I've a little polish boy in my class and I want to converse with him in his own language!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

I see that evening classes in Polish are now available at Carrigaline Community School.
    I would love to do them as I deal with many Polish people in my business, but alas I do not have the time.
    I install satellite systems and I get a real kick out of bringing expatriate Poles TV from home. They are always very friendly and grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeneri

Hi,

Definitely seems to be a gap for Polish classes, not just to get to know language skills, but also to get to know the country, its history and culture too.

I've got a new job and I'm now working with Polish companies, and will be travelling to Poland several times during the year for that reason.

While the Polish language is very difficult:mad: , it would be good to learn some conversational Polish, useful icebreakers and great for getting to know people, whether business or personal.

I'm interested in getting intensive one-to-one grinds from a native Polish speaker with teacher training. If any Poles on the list fit this profile or know someone who does, please get in touch..

niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeneri

I'm based in Dublin, know this is a Cork forum, but the internet knows no county boundaries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Unenlightened

I'm looking to learn Polish. In Galway - anyone know of anyone who teaches around here? Or any really easy ways to learn ;D ?

Advertisement