Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Money Money?

Options
  • 15-01-2006 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Just curious about this. Does anyone actually get paid out of boards.ie like the admins or is it all done on a voulantary basis?

Before I get assassinated, there is no loaded or ulterior motive for asking. It just looks like lots of work for there not to be a full time job in here for someone... or someones?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Well, they don't get paid in hard cash. But there are many fringe benifets to being a boards.ie admin.
    A timeshare in the boards.ie villa off the west coast of Tangeymarzipan,
    An official Irish public holiday named after them. (regi day is approaching, people- buy your Regi day cards and gifts soon!)
    A get out of jail free card.
    Regular supplies of coke and hookers, obviously.
    Also, 5 seats on the illuminati council are reserved for the boards admin.
    Don't forget all the sexual favours from many hot boards.ie chicks.
    A 3 hour punt will get you hmod status, while an all nighter with any of the admin will get you your own forum.
    And some worthless tokens from pigsback.com.

Apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweety4uall

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Well, they don't get paid in hard cash. But there are many fringe benifets to being a boards.ie admin.
    A timeshare in the boards.ie villa off the west coast of Tangeymarzipan,
    An official Irish public holiday named after them. (regi day is approaching, people- buy your Regi day cards and gifts soon!)
    A get out of jail free card.
    Regular supplies of coke and hookers, obviously.
    Also, 5 seats on the illuminati council are reserved for the boards admin.
    Don't forget all the sexual favours from many hot boards.ie chicks.
    A 3 hour punt will get you hmod status, while an all nighter with any of the admin will get you your own forum.
    And some worthless tokens from pigsback.com.

Apparently.
    sexual favours?u mean ur not goin to pay me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

To actually answer the question. Nope the admins make nothing out of it, any cash that is generated is used for the site except to buy them one meal a year I believe it is. Apart from that its all volunteer work

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Asok wrote:
    To actually answer the question. Nope the admins make nothing out of it, any cash that is generated is used for the site except to buy them one meal a year I believe it is. Apart from that its all volunteer work
    yes hense our new servers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

God, I wish :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Asok wrote:
    A serious answer from Asok...

You've changed man... you've changed...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

FuzzyLogic wrote:

Totally worth it on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Regi wrote:
    God, I wish :)

Well we helped, that matters :D

Regi im asking for a 24 forum, does this mean i now have to volunteer to your sexual needs now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    while an all nighter with any of the admin will get you your own forum.

So that explains the "Blowing Bubbles" forum.

I may or may not have added the blowing part myself for humour effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Fool. The bubbles forum is inherently inexplicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Talliesin wrote:
    Fool. The bubbles forum is inherently inexplicable.
    I don't understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    while an all nighter with any of the admin will get you your own forum.

True. Also, if someone is suggesting a new forum, you simply post 'Amp Testicle', (usually shortened to 'Amp Test'), to show that you'd be willing to pay the sex fee. You then have a preliminary sex encounter with Amp; If you do well with the Testicle, he bends the ear of your admin of choice. After formally spending the evening with them you are bemodded the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

sexual favours?u mean ur not goin to pay me?
    Pictures first. then price list. PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Hobart wrote:
    I don't understand that.
    See Stark. Hobart knows that he knows nothing, and hence had attained the wisdom of Socrates. You struggle for explanation and so are wondering unenlightend in the darkness, like the fool who does not turn on the lights during a nocturnal trip to the bathroom, yea and stubs his toe thereby.

Talliesin wrote:
    See Stark. Hobart knows that he knows nothing, and hence had attained the wisdom of Socrates. You struggle for explanation and so are wondering unenlightend in the darkness, like the fool who does not turn on the lights during a nocturnal trip to the bathroom, yea and stubs his toe thereby.
    Ouch!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hobart wrote:
    Ouch!

indeed
    I once lost my little toe nail during said exercise...

Beruthiel wrote:
    indeed
    I once lost my little toe nail during said exercise...
    Double ouch!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement