Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB speeds today...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

bubby wrote:
    Nope .. dinnae have that option
    That it why you do not have transfer rate showing, you are just copying & pasting. That can sometimes happen when accessing ftp sites with IE. Download FireFox (much better than IE anyway!) and you will have the "Save As..." option and transfer rate showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sound .. thanks .. is your connection a LOT faster today?

Well I haven't had speeds anywhere near 2MB since the big problems last week-end... More like 1MB... :( But it is working alright and my ping is good to play online games!

I'll check again tonight to see if I'm back at 2MB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

i've got smokeping setup to monitor my packetloss/latency on my ip and the routers that lead out to the outside world.

http://www.spoofedpacket.net/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=World.Europe.IBB

the box is on a highspeed connection in a datacentre and its what i connect to, to do stuff on.

im interested in monitoring a few other connections and possibly gateways as well anyone want to volunteer, i'd say a user from each problem area might be interesting to monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Right not sure where to post this but what the hell. The only webpage I could access was google for a hour? Any idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I'm on 1MB Breeze and my speeds are much higher today - about 1.5MB each way.

Well I'm on 2MB and I son't even get 1MB speeds... Oh well...

krazy_8s wrote:
    Right not sure where to post this but what the hell. The only webpage I could access was google for a hour? Any idea?

Guys - check your DNS settings. Eirom have made DNS server changes over the last week or so. If you are using eircom dns servers (the guy who did my setup didn't give me irishbroadband dns settings!!) .. then you need to fix that.

What do you mean by changing the DNS settings? For IBB they are 62.231.32.10 & 62.231.32.11 and I don't think they'll ever change! oO

Hi, I was NEVER given dns settings by the guy who installed the radio at my place. I was using eircom dns servers. Eircom did something with one of their dns servers - hence my dns issues.

This issue was unrelated to the speed issue though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

My speed is now back to normal. See attached!

joolsveer wrote:
    My speed is now back to normal. See attached!
    I hope that's sarcasm... 392kbps down. & 484kbps up. on a 1MB/1MB connecton isn't "normal"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

oh wow. IBB's phoneline has a message on it telling me that they're experiencing a total loss or severe degradation of service in more than half a dozen counties.

Why do people insist IBB is fine!! I'm still trying to get my package cancelled... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Cancelling is easy, stop the direct debit, stop using the internet and if they sue you say that cant sue for a service that was never of merchantable quality. They will arrange to collect the equipment, you tell them when you will be there and they take it and leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

Here's are two graphs for the latency (for the last ~12hrs) and current packet loss on my connection (at the current time of this post)

one is for my own ip and other is the gateway just before i leave the ibb network. ibb's network is boned!

Advertisement