Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plasma over Radiator ????

• 15-01-2006 10:29am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning a home extension and want to place a plasma on a wall , would it be ok to place it over one of those long low rads . There will be perhaps 3 foot between them .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Depends on who you believe mate. A little shelf sound like a good idea! Are you going to get the cabling in when it's built?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-88316.html

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/connect.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think it would be a bad idea to hang it over a heat source.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lump wrote:
    I think it would be a bad idea to hang it over a heat source.

John

i have to agree, unless you put a shelf about a half foot over the rad to dry and deflect heat slightly forward, but that said heat will still rise, but atleast not so much directly at the panel.
    But i still think its a bad idea, i wouldnt do it.

Try and get your plumber to reroute the pipework to a different place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

When the hot air rises although it may not damage the screen but the air will waver slightly and you will be driven mad by the slight distortion. Even a shelf will only project the hot air forward a couple of inches. There may still be a visible shimmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

sharkman wrote:
    I'm planning a home extension .
    Just an idea but:

Would you scrap the plans for a radiator and go for underfloor heating instead - so you're wall is free for your lovely plasma?

I do find it amazing though, the amount of people advise against putting a plasma over a heat source (which I agree - its not a good idea) - then there are hundreds of people that put them over the fireplace!!!:rolleyes:

Mad

• Advertisement

Maybe they don't use the fire.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Maybe

but alot do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yes most people do put them over a fireplace, thats A is futher behind the plasma, and has a chimney and B has a mantle piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

• Advertisement

He he....

John

Advertisement