Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Add/Remove Programs is empty

• 15-01-2006 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was about to uninstall a program this morning but when i opened the add/remove program in control panel it was completely empty (see screenshot).

If im being honest i have no idea how long it has been like this, i cant recall doing anything recently that may have caused it.

If anyone has any idea how i could get the list repopulated, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jules

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

In order to try to pinpoint where the problem is, try installing something (even something small) and see if it appears in the dialog box. This might help to indicate whether the add/remove programs utility simply can't get to a list, or whether the list has gone AWOL entirely

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

restart in safe mode - is the problem still there ?
    login as admin - is the problem still there ?

download psinfo in pstools on http://www.sysinternals.com
    at command prompt run psinfo -s to see what it sees of the installed software list

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

restart in safe mode - is the problem still there ?
    Yup, problem is still there when started in safe mode

login as admin - is the problem still there ?
    Mine is the only account on the comp so im admin by default
    download psinfo in pstools on http://www.sysinternals.com
    at command prompt run psinfo -s to see what it sees of the installed software list

I installed it as you suggested, it seems to report the list of installed programs as i would expect. This is the listing i would have seen in the past in the add/remove section. I took a screenshot below... not sure if any of the other info may be helpful.

Also one other small thing i have noticed recently (could be completely unrelated but may point to a messed up registry) is that my icons for (volume, battery power, wifi etc. keep disappearing from the system tray. Manually checking the "place volume icon in system tray" will make all of them appear temporarily but i just cant seem to make them stay. Ive tried the usual steps of locking taskbar, disabling automatic log in.. but nothings worked so far.

Cheers,

Jules

Advertisement