Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serenity Cubed

Options
  • 15-01-2006 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Is anyone going to the Serenity Cubed convention in September? I'm thinking of going and it would be interesting if maybe some of us could go as a group.

It's on from the 15 - 17 of September in Heathrow.

Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, and Mark Sheppard (Badger) are the guests announced so far.

Details here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd be extremely tempted....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Daelus wrote:
    Is anyone going to the Serenity Cubed convention in September?

Details here.

Yep, booked last monday. Should be a good Event. Starfury always run excellent events.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I'd be extremely tempted....
    The only way to avoid temptation is to yield to it. Yield to it! :p

I just booked my ticket earlier. Should be fun. I've never been to a convention before. Every time I mention it to someone, well, there's a certain stigma attached to that word. ;)
    Yep, booked last monday. Should be a good Event. Starfury always run excellent events.

cheers
    Cool. Maybe I'll see you there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If I mention convention to anyone I know I'll just get wierd looks while their brains equate the word to spock and captain kirk.

I'll see.....how soon do you think you'd have book? To avoid loosing out? Would love go. Have to see can I get my gf hooked on Firefly first. Like me, she was sceptical about watching it. I'm hooked, she hasn't taken the plunge yet. :P

Well the tickets only went on sale today (apart from for people who went to the last one). I have no idea, really, how long they'll last. But apparently online booking won't be up until the end of this week (I booked by phone) which suggests they'll last at least that long. ;) Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Have to see can I get my gf hooked on Firefly first. Like me, she was sceptical about watching it. I'm hooked, she hasn't taken the plunge yet. :P
    I was skeptical about watching it too.. It seems everyone is. But I don't see why. I mean, come on, space cowboys! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, my friend Plunkys respons was "It's just a canceled show from the US, why would it be good?" I sat him in front of the pilot, he was hooked by halfway through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

I'm going. Booked my ticket last Monday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Is it too late to book this?
    I think me & himself might venture over.......

It'll be my first Sci-Fi con too.:)

I'm pretty sure tickets are still on sale. Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'm tempted to go...but...it's soooo expensive...

• Advertisement

Woo Hoo!!!! Im going - im so excited!!! Ive met Sean & Jewel before but I don't care - its LONDON!!!

Will there be any organising ourselves into a group?

I don't know, I've already organised to meet up with a bunch of people from another board there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

OMG!!!! GIGI EDGLEY... I think I just creamed my-self. I must get a ticket next month when I am paid. I'd be on for setting up a meetup/fly over if people are interested? Is anyone staying over night? It be pretty cool to have a session over there.

sutty wrote:
    Is anyone staying over night?

Well it is on for the whole weekend, so... ;)

I'm looking forward to Gigi Edgley, too. Farscape rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Raphael wrote:
    Yeah, my friend Plunkys respons was "It's just a canceled show from the US, why would it be good?" I sat him in front of the pilot, he was hooked by halfway through.

Actually I think it was the Train Job that really did it, but only cuz I had the exposition... After the Pilot, i was like "Meh, sure throw on the next one.." and after that it was "OMGOMGOMGMORE!!"

I'm really tempted!.. argh

sutty wrote:
    OMG!!!! GIGI EDGLEY... I think I just creamed my-self. I must get a ticket next month when I am paid. I'd be on for setting up a meetup/fly over if people are interested? Is anyone staying over night? It be pretty cool to have a session over there.

Me and the other half will be there ( met you at the Dublin preview Sutty)........check out the Cubed thread on serenitymovie.org under Conventions & Shindigs.......I'll be posting suggestions there in the next few weeks...plus there's teams on that board now.......I'm meeting up with my team when I get there......It'll be fun....

BTW Sutty, I was thinking of organising a shindig in town in the near future....any suggestions?

Advertisement