Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never Winter Nights - playing the Diablo - Lord of Terroro module

Options
  • 15-01-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone here play the excellent Lord of Terror (Diablo remake) module in Never Winter Nights? I downloaded the latest CEP 1.52 and installed it (as a pre-req).

I have NWN v1.66 and CEP 1.52 installed and have

* The Lord of Terror 1.06.mod -> /NWN/modules (the main module)
    * lothak.hak -> /NWN/hak
    * lotwav.hak -> /NWN/hak
    * lotcephak1.hak -> /NWN/hak
    * lotintro.bik -> /NWN/movies
    * lotending.bik -> /NWN/movies

When I try to play the module I get the message a couple of seconds into loading it...
    Could not load module
    missing required custom talk table

(I tried the offical forums at ignvault - but its sooo slow on dial up to get a search but and none are specific to this problem)

Further Testing I tried opening the module in toolset and after reading the module it requested cep1.50. Would I need to install this specific version of cep 1.50 rather than 1.52? Just wondering if anyone noticed when playing or had problems getting it running?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

It looks like it's wanting a dialect/speech thingy yeah? Have you tried find the talk table default table in the main NWN directory and copying it over to the module?

Failing that, I wouldn't have thought you'd need cep1.50, as 1.52 didn't change much. You could try it though, in case something annoying could have been added to 1.52.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Damn.. no luck but a Good idea nevertheless. The dialog.tlk (12Mb) is in the main nwn dir so I put a copy into file in modules and hak folders but same message.

Could not load module
    missing required custom talk table

The game is the original nwn patched to v1.66 and cep 1.52 installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

.tlk files shouldn;t be in the main NWN folder.... There should be a tlk forum for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Try the roleplaying forum. Theres a bunch of people there who play NWN.

Advertisement