Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon Xpress 200M ATI CCC 5.13 Driver Problem

Options
  • 15-01-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    I hope someone can help me here. I recently purchased a HP Pavillion ZV6115EA notebook. Here are the specs.
    Athlon 2800+ Sempron,
    Radeon Xpress 200m ,
    512 MB Ram ( Shared Graphics),
    Windows XP Home Service pack 2,
    DVD Rewriter,
    15.4 WS LCD.
    I instaled the ATI 5.13 Catalyst Control Centre Driver for the RX200m Chipset.
    I had no problems with the install, or any problems thereafter with games or any aplications. However, I tried to change the memory setings of the graphics card from 128MB shared to 64MB shared. The option was displayed in the Catalyst control panel, so I selected it and applied the changes. ( I did not do it from the bios).Windows asked for a re-boot. After which, when the notebok went to re-boot, a white screen appeared, and it wont boot to Windows. It wont even let me into the bios. When I try to pres F10 to get into the bios , the notebook beeps. I let the system run for a moment, and the hardrive is active as if it was loading Windows. But as described all I can see on screen is white.
    Any help would be great. Sorry if this is the wrong thread. First time on Boards.
    I may not have explained this problem correctly so any questions would be welcome too . You may be able to get more acurate info from me.
    Thanks

Advertisement