Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rat in my bedsit.

• 15-01-2006 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Came home, turned on the light and saw inthe corner of my eye, a rat/ large mouse (can't be sure) run from under the tv to under the sink. A few days later i awoke to a bag rustling sound. Turned light on and a small mouse ran into a hole under the tv. i don't know if i have a mouse and a rat or hopefully i just saw a mouse the first time? i have two traps but haven't caught anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Rossonero wrote:
    Came home, turned on the light and saw inthe corner of my eye, a rat/ large mouse (can't be sure) run from under the tv to under the sink. A few days later i awoke to a bag rustling sound. Turned light on and a small mouse ran into a hole under the tv. i don't know if i have a mouse and a rat or hopefully i just saw a mouse the first time? i have two traps but haven't caught anything.

It would be unusual to have mice and rats together as the rats will generally kill the mice. You should know by the size of the hole under the TV. Rats are much bigger than mice and would be very easy to distinguish. Rats also make a much louder sound when moving around. I hope it's a mouse! Did you set rat or mouse traps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

We had rats and mice at the same time.

A fluffy brown rat in the dining room,
    Mice in the living room and upstairs bed rooms and in the f*cking dishwasher of all places!!!
    And a big hairy horrible black rat in the hotpress that came out of a pipe.

Lovely.

Our cats did their best but as outdoor kitties they were limited on time.

On traps. Not for faint hearted...
    The rats needed giant traps baited with meat it took two to catch the black one, he kept getting the bait off the trap, so when we laid the second he ran across it but it closed side ways and he shook it off and then bled to death.
    Absolutely horrible. I would've prefered a humane solution but it was not up to me at the time.

The mouse traps and cats cleared up the mice and then we got one for those things you plug into the wall to prevent any returning to the house.

If you do catch the rodent(s), ensure that you keep the place really clean so that the little feckers have no reason to come back. Perhaps you could see about getting the holes boarded up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭pinkyirl

a rat in your bedsit is a public health issue - phone the council / corporation and they will send in an exterminator.

it happened to us a few years ago & the council sorted it. do it asap before it becomes a problem - if there is one rat there are definitely more of them & they could over run the building if it's not sorted quickly

Advertisement