Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic insulation query

Options
  • 15-01-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Hoping somebody here might be able to help! (Have done a search under soundproofing/insulation but havent found the answer I'm afraid!)

We are trying to improve sound insulation (as its non existent!) on the party wall of our semi-d which consists of a cavity block with a regular plasterboard (and no insulation) stuck to it.

The plan is as space is quite tight, to apply a layer of acoustic membrane to the existing plasterboard and then double board it with staggered sound boards and fill the pillars and into the ceiling with acoustic rated expansion foam.

(we have looked into packing with rockwool and then double boarding but space is a real issue so trying to minimise the loss of space is also a priority!)

But my problem is I have not been able to source a reasonable type of acoustic membrane roll and I wonder if anyone has used such a product, or knows of a good substitute or indeed a supplier either online or in the leinster area (have tried alot of the builders providers in Dublin and am also waiting for an email back from atil)

This is the only place I've found it so far but its fairly steep at £180 per roll + delivery etc

http://www.customaudiodesigns.co.uk/soundproofing/emem.htm

Appreciate any info if anyone has experience of this type of product!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Posted this up before and still having no luck sourcing this stuff!!!

The quote I got back for the acoustic membrane is way too dear (nearly €750 for 2 rolls inc delivery!) :eek:

So am trying to see if I can find an equivalent, such as damtech or Iso rubber but having rung nearly every builders providers in Dublin nobody seems to stock it! (and cant purchase from IDL without being a company!)

Does anyone know of an outlet in Dublin that damtech or iso rubber can be purchased from....please!!! ;)

Advertisement