Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is going to finish in the top 4?

• 15-01-2006 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

So after the defeat yesterday, even I don't think we can catch Chelsea this season, unless something horrible happens to the chelsea team, or they completely collapse after 20 injuries or something, the question besides relegation is without a doubt CL qualifciaton.

I think there are realistically 5 teams in it, but i've included 7 teams in the poll.

I think it will be Chelsea, United, Arsenal, and Liverpool in that order.

Poll was ordered by assuming everyone who has games in hand won them 1-0

Who will finish in the top 4? 353 votes

Chelsea
    0%
    Liverpool
    24%
    ButcherOfNogWhiteWashMangandalfKulganastrofoolPHBroar_iePiEVokesThanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfCiaranCmike65qwertyupPepe LeFritsMarkleeroybrownTuskyJohnny_the_foxsegadreamcast 86 votes
    Man United
    24%
    ButcherOfNogWhiteWashMangandalfKulganastrofoolPHBroar_iePiEVokesThanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfCiaranCmike65qwertyupPepe LeFritsMarkleeroybrownTuskyJohnny_the_foxsegadreamcast 88 votes
    Arsenal
    21%
    ButcherOfNogWhiteWashMangandalfastrofoolPHBroar_iePiEVokesThanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfCiaranCqwertyupPepe LeFritsMarkleeroybrownTuskysegadreamcastberengarMrJoeSoapRaskolnikov 75 votes
    Spurs
    19%
    ButcherOfNoggandalfKulganPHBPiEVokesCiaranCmike65Pepe LeFritsMarkleeroybrownJohnny_the_foxsegadreamcastsuper_furryMrJoeSoapRaskolnikovWashoutscojonesDempseyChong 69 votes
    Bolton
    9%
    WhiteWashManKulganastrofoolThanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfmike65qwertyupTuskyberengarsuper_furryXcom2Corben DallasgrowlerPigman IIThe MuppetThe RoosterIagonlgbbbblthyom 1cruiserweight 33 votes
    Wigan
    0%
    bohsmanel rabitos 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Spurs
    Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, ManU

In that order :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Spurs
    PHB wrote:

you're absolutely dilusional,
    you show it time and time again but this is the most ridiculous i have seen.
    i cant remember keegans exact words but i really would love it if we beat man utd, there are plenty of smug man utd fans who think they are still a strong team but they're not, but you really take it to another level.
    my prediction Chelsea, Liverpool, man utd and arsenal(not sure which of the 2 will get 3rd and which will get 4th)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Spurs
    Same as Sofaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Spurs
    1. Cheslsea (knew this months ago)
    2. Liverpool
    3. MU
    4. Arsenal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Spurs
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Same as Sofaking.

Same as MrJoeSoap and Sofaking.
    Although I think Spurs have a great chance and will push them all the way

• Advertisement

Spurs
    El Rabitos you troll...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Wigan

its talk like that, that will have you feeling even worse if pool beat united next week. and there wont be any gracefull victory comments coming from me after the match.

Wigan
    El Rabitos you troll...

twas a mistake yo, thought u had to select in order u thought the teams would finish, honest mistake

good to see your on ur toes though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Spurs
    Its talk like that, that will have you feeling even worse if pool beat united next week. and there wont be any gracefull victory comments coming from me after the match.

What, cause if I talk nice we're going to be both gracious in victory :) Yeh sure :)
    you show it time and time again but this is the most ridiculous i have seen.

So let me get this straight.

The following statements are dillusional

1. Man United are going to hold onto their one point league despite being a two games ahead.

2. Arsenal are going to go on a winning run and catch up the 7 points between them and Liverpool despite being a game ahead.

I assume you are talking more about the second as dillusional than the first, so lets look at that, and we can sum it up in one word, Henry.
    Arsenal just beat Boro 7-0, something that neither United or Liverpool have the ability to do so atm.
    The teams that they have next to play are:
    Everton(A), West Ham(H), Brum(A), Bolton(H)
    Those will be 12 points out of 12 imo, definally 10 points out of 12.
    Then they have a rough run, with Liverpool, Real Madrid, Blackburn, Fulham, Real Madrid, Liverpool.
    I would say that they might only get 8 points out of that, with I think both the liverpool and arsenal games being draws, although I'd say they will beat liverpool at home, but even if they don't, i'd say 6(one win and 3 draws).
    Then look at this run of easy games:
    Charlton(H), Portsmouth(A), Villa(H), then United will be tough, then Brom(H), City(A).
    Then spurs sunderland and wigan will all be tough games.

They have two very good runs in that, and when Arsenal are on form they are better than Liverpool, and I think they will do it. TBH the biggest fear I have for second place is not Liverpool, its Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bolton
    I voted

Chelsea
    Pool
    Arsenal
    Spurs

I really think Man Utd are set to implode.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bolton
    PHB wrote:
    The teams that they have next to play are:
    Everton(A), West Ham(H), Brum(A), Bolton(H)
    Those will be 12 points out of 12 imo, definally 10 points out of 12.

oh really ?

Did yea not just lose against Man City and draw against Blackburn & Burton ? Dont put so much confiedence in your broken team...not until they are fixed anyway.

Wigan
    What, cause if I talk nice we're going to be both gracious in victory Yeh sure

well united are going to have to get pitty from somewhere next week, just dont expect it from us ;)
    They have two very good runs in that, and when Arsenal are on form they are better than Liverpool, and I think they will do it. TBH the biggest fear I have for second place is not Liverpool, its Arsenal.

liverpool have conceded 4 premiership goals since october 2nd. so for liverpool to actually be as bad as your making out, their going to have to actually concede some goals.

united on the other hand have no trouble leaking the goals. if arsenal are taking anyones place in the top 3, i doubt it will be liverpools tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Spurs
    I think the fact that Liverpool have more votes than Chelsea says something about this forum.

Spurs
    Tusky wrote:
    oh really ?

Did yea not just lose against Man City and draw against Blackburn & Burton ? Dont put so much confiedence in your broken team...not until they are fixed anyway.

He was talking about Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

Bolton
    I see Chelsea got a 93% vote for top 4 ?

can i ask who are the 7% thinking they wont even qualify for the CL >?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Spurs
    That would be zabbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bolton
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    He was talking about Arsenal.

oops.

Whoever did not vote Chelsea is ...well...there are no words to express what an idiot you are!

Maybe it was an accident ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Spurs
    mike65 wrote:
    I voted

Chelsea
    Pool
    Arsenal
    Spurs

I really think Man Utd are set to implode.

Mike.
    I'm with you on that . Utd are reliant on two people for all their goals and if one of those two are injured or suspended (Guess who?) they are knackered .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Spurs
    mayordenis wrote:
    you're absolutely dilusional
    Agreed. Predicting Liverpool to finish outside the top 3 is completely ludicrous, that kind of thing just doesn't happen. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Bolton
    1/ Chelsea
    2/ Liverpool
    3/ Man Utd
    4/ Spurs

Don't think arsenal will make it. (despite yesterdays performance :o)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Spurs
    1. Chelsea
    2. Arsenal
    3. Liverpool
    4. Manchester United

Chelsea will scoop the title but I can see Arsenal coming back and just pipping Liverpool and Man Utd for 2nd. Spurs aren't consistent enough to finish top 4 but 5th and a UEFA Cup spot really should be their's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs
    1. Chelsea
    2. Liverpool
    3. ManYoo
    4. Arsenal

Bolton
    sharkman wrote:
    Utd are reliant on two people for all their goals and if one of those two are injured or suspended (Guess who?) they are knackered .

I don't think that so much thier problem, other can fill in Smith is a striker
    by inclination after all, plus Park, Giggs, Ronaldo can all get goals. No its thier midfield that is critical, its pretty thin and provides no protection for the defence which itself is weak until Vidic and Brown are made the new central paring but will Fergie be willing to drop Ferdinand?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Spurs
    I think the fact that Liverpool have more votes than Chelsea says something about this forum.

Noticed that too haha..

Chelsea
    United
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Bolton
    It says all Liverpool fans belive the team will finnish in the top 4 which is perfectly reasonable, while clearly someone hit the wrong number and voted Bolton rather than Chelsea.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Spurs
    Chelski
    United
    L'pool
    Arsenal

in that order with Spurs very close behind the Gunner's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Bolton
    1 Chelsea
    2 Liverpool
    3 Arsenal
    4 Tottenham
    5 Man City
    6 Man Utd
    7 Bolton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Spurs
    Look no matter how u look at this it will be ,

1)Chelsea
    2)Liverpool
    3)Arsenal/Man Utd
    4)Arsenal/Man Utd

Arsenal are back , Liverpool are great lately , Chelsea are running away, but Man U arent playin well but there is no hope in hell that they will finish out of a Champions league position, no matter what fan you are, considering otherwise is foolish. Tottenham simply wont go the distance to finish fourth. One more thing I will say is that I am disappointed for Newcastle because Souness is destroying a club with such a great bunch of fans, Freddie Shepard needs to see the light soon FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Spurs
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Aresnal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bolton
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man U
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Blackburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Bolton
    So Chelsea are only 2nd most likely for a top4 finish? Doesn't say much for the validity of that poll imo.

Also the only person who voted for Bolton or Wigan actually voted for all 7 options. Good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Bolton
    i thought arsenal were cracking at the weekend, but they were playing a boro side that is known to not turn up.
    they didnt turn up this weekend, and they made arsenal look good. not taking anything away, it takes something special to put away 7 goals, but if it had been anyone else i think they wouldnt have looked as good.

liverpool are unstoppable at the mo, but i think spurs showed that they can be played against. maybe next year we'll take the points :)
    utd do look like they are starting to fall apart, but they still keep winning (well, saturday aside!)
    however didnt vote for chelsea to finish in the top 4 is mad.
    even if they lose every game between now and the end of the season, they will probably have a CL place!
    im hoping bolton drop a load of points with their players of at the African Nations Cup.
    im scare dof blackburn, they just keep going up the league and kicking shins.

i think the top 4 will be chelsea, pool, arsenal utd. i think spurs have an outside chance of taking arsenal or utd's place. but an outside place.

i think anyone who has said that spurs are inconsistant is wrong. we have been consistant all season. as fa as im concerned, we had one loss where we shouldnt havem and that was west brom, but every team has one of those every year.
    id expect to be beaten by chelsea and pool, and blackburn as well by the way. i no longer fear utd or arsenal.

whoever it turns out, it will be interesting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Bolton
    Pigman II wrote:
    So Chelsea are only 2nd most likely for a top4 finish? Doesn't say much for the validity of that poll imo.

Also the only person who voted for Bolton or Wigan actually voted for all 7 options. Good lad.

how do you figure that?
    liverpool are the only team that have been voted by everyone, so all you can say is that whoever voted for bolton and wigan voted for pool.

im not a professor of mathamatics, but in my professional opinion what you have said makes no sense at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Bolton
    how do you figure that?
    liverpool are the only team that have been voted by everyone, so all you can say is that whoever voted for bolton and wigan voted for pool.

im not a professor of mathamatics, but in my professional opinion what you have said makes no sense at all!

Nearly everyone (58/59) voted for Liverpool. However less than that voted for Chelsea. Whilst I think both will defo finish top4 I'm far more confident Chelsea will fulfill this top4 requirement and I'd have expected nearly everyone to think likewise. The fact that Chelsea are already 24pts ahead of 5th and seemingly unstoppable makes me think it is just personal bias and not rationality that is making up a small proportion of these votes. I guess you'd just have to ask the 3 people who didn't vote for Chelsea as to 'why they didn't?' Basically if as high as 58 voted for liverpool then why didn't 58or59 vote for Chelsea?

The Bolton/Wigan comment is a seperate point meant to be taken along the lines of 'cool! look someone voted for Bolton/Wigan ... oh wait , no it's just some joker voting for everyone'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Bolton
    Chelsea (obviously)
    Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Spurs

The fight for second is going to go down to the wire I'd imagine, but if Liverpool get through this coming run of tough matches they'll be in good shape. I guess a lot will hinge on the weekend's result. Also, Man Utd's squad is desperately thin in areas, so any injuries could derail them.

Picked Spurs over Arsenal because of the Gunners awful away performances. Arsenal players also aren't known for their rise-to-the-challenge temperment, plus a potential run in the Champions League could take its toll.
    So let me get this straight.

The following statements are dillusional

1. Man United are going to hold onto their one point league despite being a two games ahead.

2. Arsenal are going to go on a winning run and catch up the 7 points between them and Liverpool despite being a game ahead.

Are you seriously saying that Liverpool (who have dropped only 2 points since their loss to Fulham, with Rafa winning the Manager of Month award twice since then), are going to implode so much as to throw away their 2 games in hand over a stuttering Man Utd, as well as their substantial lead over Arsenal, who seem incapable of winning away from Highbury? What's this based on? A 7-0 home victory against a young, half strength mid-table team? Are Utd going to replace the deadwood on the pitch with these mystical Players With Potential you constantly bang on about?

Sure, it's in the realms of possibility, but hardly probable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Spurs

Are you seriously saying that Liverpool (who have dropped only 2 points since their loss to Fulham, with Rafa winning the Manager of Month award twice since then), are going to implode so much as to throw away their 2 games in hand over a stuttering Man Utd, as well as their substantial lead over Arsenal, who seem incapable of winning away from Highbury? What's this based on? A 7-0 home victory against a young, half strength mid-table team? Are Utd going to replace the deadwood on the pitch with these mystical Players With Potential you constantly bang on about?

Liverpools next couple of games:

Man Utd (A)
    Portsmouth (A)
    Birmingham (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Wigan (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Benfica (U.C.L.)
    Man City (H)
    Benfica (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Newcastle (A)
    Everton (H)

In my mind, I see two easy games there, Ports and Brum.
    I expect Liverpool to win their CL games, but they don't do well post CL games, everybody knows this. Benfica are a very fit team and they will be very tired after these games, still expect them to win, but it'll have aknockon effect. So I imagine

Utd - Tough game, I expect us to win though.
    2 wins then from Portsmouth and Brum
    Chelsea - Loss/draw, but I expect loss
    Wigan - Tough game away from home, against Wigan fighting for EU spot.
    Arsenal - At higbury, with them needing a win, strong favorites.
    Man CIty - I'd imagine you'll win, but another tough game, inbetween the two CL games, could easily lose.
    Arsenal - After benfica, with a CL hangover, against an Arsenal team that does well after CL games normally, I expect them to beat you.
    Newcastle - Away, against a Newcastle team that will be fighting to get into europe by then.
    Everton - Derby, anything can happen.

IMO, you got 2 guarenteed 3 points there, and I'd say you'll be lucky to come away from that run of games with 15 points, at the most 20! Especially with your midfield duo of Alonso and Gerrard being absolutely wrecked by the second Arsenal game.
    That gives United a chance to pull away(which is in no way based on Ronaldo preforming, but watch him after christmas, he always comes good post christmas, especially now he has been sent home for a 2 week break to his family), and Arsenal a chance to catch up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

Spurs
    PHB wrote:
    So after the defeat yesterday, even I don't think we can catch Chelsea this season, unless something horrible happens to the chelsea team, or they completely collapse after 20 injuries or something, the question besides relegation is without a doubt CL qualifciaton.

I think there are realistically 5 teams in it, but i've included 7 teams in the poll.

totally agree thats the way it will finishes unless united loses to liverpool and we give liverpool a chance by beating chelsea at the bridge and than we fight arsenal for 3rd spot hopefully it wont be the case and we can grab second placeand regroup for the 06/07 season and reclaim are title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Spurs
    PHB wrote:
    I expect Liverpool to win their CL games, but they don't do well post CL games, everybody knows this.
    We've won our last 3 matchs after CL games, everyone knows this :p

And also the first match back after Japan but that's not likely to come up again this season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Spurs
    PHB wrote:

Man CIty - I'd imagine you'll win, but another tough game, inbetween the two CL games, could easily lose.
    Arsenal - After benfica, with a CL hangover, against an Arsenal team that does well after CL games normally, I expect them to beat you.
    Newcastle - Away, against a Newcastle team that will be fighting to get into europe by then.

Last season I'd have agreed with you, but not now. The only tough games there are against UTD, Chelsea and Arsenal and I don't expect pool to lose in any of those games, we'll drop points over this run of fixtures but I doubt we'll lose more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Bolton
    I reckon a close battle between Liverpool and MU for second, with 5 or 6 points back, a close battle between Arsenal and Spurs for 4th.

Not that I like admitting it, but I feel Liverpool's defence isnt as good as the stats suggest. Riise and Hyypia make plenty of mistakes, and the keeper is bound to make one or two costly ones between now and the end of the season.

The game next Sunday will give either LP or MU a huge boost. I'd fancy Rooney and RvN to give Liverpool plenty of problems, but on paper Liverpool should take a stranglehold in midfield, which could allow them to dominate possession. Of course in these games form goes totally out the window, and anything could happen on the day. And I think Ferguson will have gotten over his temporary stupidity and bring back Brown to centre defence and drop Fletcher from midfield.

• Advertisement

Spurs
    PHB wrote:
    ! Especially with your midfield duo of Alonso and Gerrard being absolutely wrecked by the second Arsenal game.

That gives United a chance to pull away(which is in no way based on Ronaldo preforming, but watch him after christmas, he always comes good post christmas, especially now he has been sent home for a 2 week break to his family), and Arsenal a chance to catch up.

Is this meant to be a serious post? Liverpool have Hamann and Sissoko who will be rotated between the difficult games. Benitez has nailed squad rotation so don't kid yourself thinking fitness will be the problem..

Your assessment of each upcoming games is reasonable enough but slightly optimistic to suit where you want to see United..

As for Ronaldo always coming good after Christmas.. How many after Christmas's has he had for United? Very naive..

Spurs
    Not that I like admitting it, but I feel Liverpool's defence isnt as good as the stats suggest.

I totally agree with this.. I think we have been relatively lucky up until now...

Spurs
    PHB wrote:

with man utd abysmal defense and midfield we should be able to easily beat them next sunday.
    It's the truth you have no midfielders comparible with gerrard, alonso or hamann.

Utd - unless they do something serious with their midfield in the next 6 days, Win for liverpool.

Brum - Win (we are playing Portsmouth in the FA Cup)

Chelsea - Liverpool have alot to prove after the 4-1 in anfield (which was alot closer than the score suggests, unlike boro vs. man utd 4-1)

Wigan - Tough game, but we outclassed them once we'll do it again.

Arsenal - Arsenal are not the team they were 18 months ago henry is the only threat and with carra on him we can put a few past their shaky defense.

Man City - We're better in every department here should win.

Arsenal - tough again with 8 wins on the trot in anfield arsenal will have alot to do.

Newcastle - Newcastle are a joke

Everton - Derby, anything can happen, what will happen is we will kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Spurs
    mayordenis wrote:
    Chelsea - Liverpool have alot to prove after the 4-1 in anfield (which was alot closer than the score suggests, unlike boro vs. man utd 4-1)

So basically what you're saying is Liverpool played really well by their standards and still got thrashed. No arguments there LOL :p

Spurs
    Gegerty wrote:
    So basically what you're saying is Liverpool played really well by their standards and still got thrashed. No arguments there LOL :p

no thats not at all what im saying,
    you're acting like a child putting words in people's mouth,
    chelsea and liverpool were very close on the day but chelsea got a few lucky breaks and were extremely clinical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Spurs
    mayordenis wrote:
    you're acting like a child putting words in people's mouth,

come off it can you not handle a slag.

I don't agree they were unlucky and thats my honest opinion. They got the tactics wrong and they came out very arrogant and were whipped fair and square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Bolton
    No they came out with Traore in the lineup!! :p

Bolton
    Hyypia was playing with a virus that day which did'nt exactly help anyway Dan the Dane is in the team now as is Kronkamp so Liverpool have options they did'nt have in October. And with two up front and Gerrard on the right the team is much better balanced.

As for the idea from PHB that Arsenal will murder Liverpools midfield that just WUM talk.

Man Utd - Liverpool win
    Brum - Liverpool Win
    Chelsea - Draw
    Wigan - Liverpool win
    Arsenal - Liverpool Win/Draw
    Man City - Liverpool Win
    Charlton - Liverpool Win
    Newcastle - Liverpool Win
    Everton - Liverpool Win
    West Brom - Liverpool Win
    Bolton - Liverpool Win/Draw
    Blackburn -Liverpool Win/Draw
    Fulham -Liverpool Win
    WestHam - Liverpool Win
    Aston Villa - Liverpool Win
    Portsmouth Liverpool Win

Champions League Final - Liverpool Win!:D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Bolton
    chelsea and liverpool were very close on the day but chelsea got a few lucky breaks and were extremely clinical.
    Thats right if was 1-1 for half time and bit after, then Chelsea cynlically took AND finished teh 3 chances that were presented to them, >mark of a quality Championship side in a tight game. Liverpool didnt.
    Chelsea dominated the pool that day.*
    * Hyppia was ill that day, was touch and go wheter he was goin to play and prob played a big part in outcome.
    1-Chelski
    2-Liverpool >best of the rest at present
    3- Arsenal > their home form should see them thru-good enuff
    4 -ManU <if they are lucky, too many mistakes, Alex losing the plot and his touch. If Wigan or maybe Spurs get a run together they could take 4th. ManU are poor this year their MF is v poor and if the new signings dont work they will get worse.

Gerrard, Alosno and Garcia are streets ahead of ManU's MF and its why they will finish runners up this year. They have 2 games in hand in the Premiership and are only 1 pt behind ManU, when Liverpool play their games they will (more than likely) be 2nd the table.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Spurs
    Well, I'm sold then. Looks like Liverpool will finish 2006/07 with 114 points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement