Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is going to finish in the top 4?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Spurs
    Next 9 games...

Man Utd (A) - draw
    Birmingham (H) Win
    Chelsea (A) - depends how we play, probaly lose though
    Wigan (A) Win
    Arsenal (H) - Tough one, should do them though.
    Man City (H) Win
    Arsenal (A) Lose or draw, havent a great record at highbury
    Newcastle (A) Win - there muck.
    Everton (H) Might be a derby, but there still ****. 3 points.

20 froms 27, with a draw away to arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Bolton
    Next 9 games...

Man Utd (A) - draw
    Birmingham (H) Win
    Chelsea (A) - depends how we play, probaly lose though
    Wigan (A) Win
    Arsenal (H) - Tough one, should do them though.
    Man City (H) Win
    Arsenal (A) Lose or draw, havent a great record at highbury
    Newcastle (A) Win - there muck.
    Everton (H) Might be a derby, but there still ****. 3 points.

20 froms 27, with a draw away to arsenal.

That's not how it works . From here on in teams are fighting for position. Ther will be no easy games for any team.
    Well, I'm sold then. Looks like Liverpool will finish 2006/07 with 114 points.

Roll on sunday.;)

Spurs
    The Muppet wrote:
    That's not how it works . From here on in teams are fighting for position. Ther will be no easy games for any team.

Roll on sunday.;)

ah yes, of course i forget.

Teams only care about there performance after christmas, silly me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Spurs
    Yes, but teams fight all the harder when there's fewer games left to play.

Wigan, Man City, Everton are not certain 3 pointers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Spurs
    SofaKing wrote:
    Especially when there's European and relagation spots up for decision.

Spurs
    SofaKing wrote:

Wigan, Man City, Everton are not certain 3 pointers.

Nothing is certain. But i would still be very confident of winning those 3 matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Spurs
    Everton, i think, is the least certain one. They'll still be in a relegation dog fight by then + its a derby - they'll be well up for it.

But probably/hopefully by then, Liverpool will have collected so many points they'll be outta sight in 2nd place :p

Spurs
    Everton is the least one i am worried about. WE beat them away(ok got a bit lucky some would say) and we beat them at home last season, when they were considerable better, and we were alot worse then we are this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Spurs
    I'd go for:
    Chelsea
    Pool
    Arsenal
    Utd

and not necessarily in that order. It's unbelievable how biased some people here can be....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Spurs
    Is this meant to be a serious post? Liverpool have Hamann and Sissoko who will be rotated between the difficult games. Benitez has nailed squad rotation so don't kid yourself thinking fitness will be the problem..

Yeh, but the squad rotation works on the principle of tough games, less tough games, tough games, less tough games. Gerrard is going to need to place in every one of those games, bar the 2 at the start. Alonso too. They are going to get tired, and when one of them are dropped, Hammann and Sissisko are nowhere near replacements, one because he is no longer what he was, the other because he isn't what he is going to be yet.
    Your assessment of each upcoming games is reasonable enough but slightly optimistic to suit where you want to see United..

Duh, united fan :)
    As for Ronaldo always coming good after Christmas.. How many after Christmas's has he had for United? Very naive..

3, and all of them he has preformed on.
    How many seasons has Lampard been a top player? Yet we generalise based on those seasons, and me using 3 seasons is naive.
    Mike.

12 wins and 4 draws
    If Liverpool do that, they deserve to beat us.

3- Arsenal > their home form should see them thru-good enuff

Yet Uniteds away form, which is better than Chelseas, won't see them through? Wheres the logic there?

Spot on, and I think Liverpool will be more tired.

Ultimately I think there are three reasons why Man Utd will do better than Liverpool.

1. Stronger attack force by a mile, will get the goals. There is also great cover in it aswell. It is self-reliant, and not based at all on the midfield. It is based on a partnership and some good wing work, nothing to do with central midfield. Since we have huge cover on the wings to supply similar absymal levels of service, I don't expect much to change. That said, if Rooney or Ruud get injuried in any long term sense, we're ****ed. But we have Saha/Rossi/Ole/Smith as rotation to keep them fresh, like Ruud, who recently got a 2 game rest.

2. I agree with some anaylsis of Liverpools defense, and I think it won't hold up forever. This is best shown by Bolton and by Luton[I include this only because Liverpool played will a full strength team, if it was a youth team, like Arsenals game was, I'd ignore it completely, but it wasn't].

3. Liverpools midfield can only take them so far, and they will start to get tired, as they don't have cover to match the quality of Gerrard and Alonso. United's midfield is just consistantly ****e, so nothing is going to change there :)

4. United have mastered the away form this season, the harder thing to do. So for united to turn it around(lol, like we're doing so bad), they just have to sure up at home. That is done by an improved defense, which we have done by the signing of two new defenders, who liverpool will meet next sunday.

All in all, I expect the table to look like this after the next 9 games.

Chelsea - 1000000000000000000
    Man Utd - 62-70[1/3 + 8-12 + 1 + 7/9]
    Liverpool - 59-63
    Arsenal - 55-64[7-9 + 3-6 + 3 + 1/3 + 4-6
    Arsenals run over 9 games:
    Everton - A
    West Ham - H
    Brum - A
    Bolton - H
    Blackburn - A
    Fulham - A
    Liverpool - H
    Charlton - H
    Portsmouth - A

Utd's run over 9 games:

Liverpool - H
    Blackburn - A
    Fulham - H
    Portsmouth - A
    West Ham - H
    Wigan - A
    Newcastle - H
    West Brom - A
    Brum - H
    Can you say easy run?
    Then we have a bitch of a close season

Anyway, thats how I see it.

----
    It's unbelievable how biased some people here can be....

You notice how it all appears to be bias to Liverpool from United fans, and United fans from Liverpool.
    So really calling people biased, and not accepting that we are all football fans and not exactly the paradigm of objectivity is somewhat silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Spurs
    Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Spurs
    Yet Uniteds away form, which is better than Chelseas

U have to be serious..........

Cut the crap PHB, this is a serious thread.

Personally I can see Liverpool getting 2nd. I rate Rafa very highly.
    Liverpool should win on Sunday.

Arsenal will finish in the top 4. If they go on a good run maybe even 3rd possibly 2nd but that would have to take an excellant run.

Utd are poor but so is the league so they will come in the top 4.

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Spurs
    jank wrote:
    Utd are poor but so is the league so they will come in the top 4.

Utd poor? what planet are you on, before the derby they were in amazing form. It's the same every time united have a bad game then the liverpuds come out with the United are going down BS. United will be second, Liverpool will have to rely on Arsenals continuing poor form to grab 3rd spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Bolton
    the team that comes second will be the team with the second highest amount of points. and it wont be chelsea, but no one can say who it will be.

i see no easy games. chelsea were pushed by sunderland, west brom have been on fire, boro have self destructed, city blow hot and cold, wigan have gone from winners to losers and back again, blackburn cant stop winning, portsmouth may come good after allthe transfers, no one ever knows what charlton are doing, least of all clan curbishly i reckon, everton can beat anyone on their day and newcastle are just a complete enigma.
    i dont see how anyone can say there are any easy games.

after all, a 4 -1 thrashing handed out by chelsea at liverpool is not what youd call typical.
    no typical games , no easy games.

i for one an looking forward to our automatic CL spot ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Spurs
    Gegerty wrote:
    Utd poor? what planet are you on, before the derby they were in amazing form. It's the same every time united have a bad game then the liverpuds come out with the United are going down BS. United will be second, Liverpool will have to rely on Arsenals continuing poor form to grab 3rd spot.

Ok read again my post.

I said they will come in the top 4 which some suggest they wont.

Yea amazing form alright. :rolleyes:

Did they actually beat anyone half decent?? In the last 3 games they have yet not won a game. Yea thats what I call amazing form.

Maybe I should ask what planet are you from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement