Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24: Day 5

• 15-01-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭

Seconds away, round 5.

Lets hope they learnt from their mistakes last year, and create a cohesive, believable(ish) season. We should know by the end of the first 4 episodes (2 tonight, 2 tomorrow night) whether is any good or not.

As far as I know, its due to start on February 12th on Sky One with a double episode.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Manny Coto has joined as writer/producer, so im hopeful.

And the preview for anyone who hasn't seen it: linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cool, hadn't seen that preview.
    Now I'm looking forward to it even more! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

That preview does look class alright, really looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Cheers for the link, looks pretty good. AFAIK its the 12th of Feb on Sky One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I must say, evan after last years fiasco that was the last 18 episodes or so, I'm quite looking forward to this one. Roll on tomorrow morning when my cousin will be busy.

Except for Jack's dodgy 'John Rambo' style facial hair and get up, it looks pretty good.

• Advertisement

Btw, I emailed RTE on Fri about when they've scheduled Day 5 for - they told me to 'keep an eye on the RTE Guide' :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Sky One are already showing ads for Feb,so Id imagine its early next month. After last season...i think Ill wait for Sky rather than the old cousins,4 eps is too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

holy ****! talk about an explosive opening few mins of Day5.

Totally unexpected :eek:

herself is watching it atm and recording it for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dont spoil it. Go make another post with a poll askin what ppl think & have a [Spoilers] tag in title so can discuss it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I think I'll wait for Sky to start showing this...

CBA getting it before it's shown over here...

Series 4 just wasn't good enough... If the first few episodes on Sky are good I might look into getting the rest of it after

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TmB wrote:

As far as I know, its due to start over this side of the world in February.

Do you know when exactly and on what channel?

I think I'll watch it rather than wait for it to be sent over. I can wait a month.

Starts on February 12th (Sky One) with a double episode.

Berns wrote:
    Dont spoil it. Go make another post with a poll askin what ppl think & have a [Spoilers] tag in title so can discuss it :P

I'm not going to. Don't know the full details of the episode, just the opening 10-15 mins is all.

Is Sky gonna show the first 4 hours over two days ala the States?

Very good opening episode,
    they have no regard for the old cast anymore, thats for sure, I wonder what Michelle's actor thought when she was told that she would be in season 5 for about 1 minute:D .
    The plot sounds good so far, can't wait to see episode 2 now. If only I didn't have to study for exams:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Aww poor president palmer. In it about the same length as michelle and you didnt even mention him... especially after all hes been through.

Good start so far, am looking forward to epi2. Didnt realise they released 2 :)

Just watched episode 2 there, again I though that it was very good.
    Walt the presidents advisor is a mole! didn't see that coming.
    Its great having another 2 episodes again to watch tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭aido_2006

sweet didnt think it would be out till later than febuary... its one addictive tv series!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TmB wrote:
    Starts on February 12th (Sky One) with a double episode.

I can wait that long. Got a lot of TV to catch up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bloody great opening 2 eps !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

digiman wrote:
    Just watched episode 2 there, again I though that it was very good.
    Walt the presidents advisor is a mole! didn't see that coming.
    Its great having another 2 episodes again to watch tomorrow.
    Well i think every1 would be well pissed off if there was a mole in ctu yet again!!

lynchie wrote:
    Well i think every1 would be well pissed off if there was a mole in ctu yet again!!
    Well this time it seems that the mole is in the Presidents staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

It actually passed through my mind after one of his conversations with the first lady. It then dropped out again as nonsense but i guess i should have trusted my instincts :p

Very much enjoyed episode2 so thus far the series is looking good.

Hour3 & 4 shown last night stateside.
    Jack is the suspect in the killing of the prez atm.

It was late when I was getting details so I cant remember much else. Sorry.

I watched the first two last night and I have to say it's looking good so far.
    I was wondering who would turn out to be a mole/traitor this time. I was kind of thinking of the guy that slept with Chloe, but they couldn't have another CTU mole, the whole place would need to be disbanded if they did. Never thought of Walt, was thinking more like the Prez himself as he seems a bit shady.

I think Jack, even though he didn't kill Palmer, will be in a bit of trouble for not reporting in what they found out about the baggage guy at the airport, now that there's some sort of terrorist goings on there. What's the betting they're Chechen rebels and they want the Russian Prez killed or something, it's about time they gave the Arab terrorists a rest anyway ;)

The show needed a good cast culling to keep it going, worked wonders for Emmerdale anyway. I wonder will they kill off Tony now, he serves no purpose any more once Chloe comes in and explains about Jack.
    Two more to watch when I get home anyway and we should know a lot more about the plot then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

AGH!
    I watched the bloody second episode first! i only saw the very start of the previously bit before i realised, but it was enough to see Palmer get shoot. D'oh!
    Anyways I was really sad to see Palmer and Michelle go. I really liked them...Why can't they just kill logan and his irritating wife...Chloe is starting to grow on me and i don't fully trust her fella.
    Anyhoo yeah tis a great start, cant wait to see the next two..there goes my study down the toilet...

Just watched episodes 3 and 4 and I have to say I'm impressed with the improvement on last year.
    I'm a little worried though that this much action has already taken place, and the plot has already moved on from the terrorists to the bio-weapons. I hope it's not going to be a changing plot every 4 episodes again.

I was a little dissapointed when Jack went for the boy instead of the sleeper when the fighting was finished. But I guess they needed him to get away or the story would end fairly quickly.

All in all pretty good opening episodes. I hope it continues like this 'till Prison Break returns anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Enjoyed hour 3 and 4 too. Plenty of action to keep the interest going again. I guess they wont be able to keep it all the way thru the season, but its definitely an improvement on last season.

I knew Jack was trying to signal something when he repeated the flank 2 phrase, surpised nobody picked it up until Sam the hobbit spotted it!!

So what was in the container? depleted uranium or something? They gonna release loads of dirty bombs? If so, why was there a container of radioactive material in a civilian airport? Looks as if it was cemented over, so unless it was parked off there a few years back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

quite a shock to see Palmer and Michelle die so soon :D

i am really enjoying it so far except for one thing
    why the **** cant that **** Edgar die or something. he was the person i hated most about Day 4 and now he is there again like a bad smell. pity he wasnt working in CTU when it got blown up a few series ago :mad: i am loving everything else about it though

any hope of making this a thread for the American showings instead of spoiler tags on every post and then another can be made for when Sky One show it?

• Advertisement

just saw this link. gives promos for the upcoming episodes

http://homepage.mac.com/csdesigns/24.html

next weeks looks good

Another great 2 episodes, it is looking really good this year. I think that the title should be remained to something like [US] 24 Day 5 [Includes spoilers] so nobody will look in here if they do not want to view the spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Can anyone tell me the significance of the bracelet on Palmer's wrist? They focussed on it quite a lot in the first 2 eps.

digiman wrote:
    Another great 2 episodes, it is looking really good this year. I think that the title should be remained to something like [US] 24 Day 5 [Includes spoilers] so nobody will look in here if they do not want to view the spoilers.
    More than 48 hours have passed since my original post, so I can't edit the thread title.

A mod will have to do it....

lynchie wrote:
    So what was in the container? depleted uranium or something? They gonna release loads of dirty bombs? If so, why was there a container of radioactive material in a civilian airport? Looks as if it was cemented over, so unless it was parked off there a few years back?
    Eipsodes 3/4 spoilers here:
    The symbol on the tops of the cans was the bio-hazard symbol http://oregonstate.edu/research/Images/hazbio.gif and not radiation, so I guess chemical weapons of some type. Could be biological agents such as antrax or even a virus like ebola.

Why it was seemingly buried in an airport is a bit of a mystery though?

corblimey wrote:
    Can anyone tell me the significance of the bracelet on Palmer's wrist? They focussed on it quite a lot in the first 2 eps.
    Just had a quick look back at that, I don't think it was the bracelet but rather the excerpts from his biography in his hands that the camera was really looking at. Could be wrong though but I didn't see it being very important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I don't know.
    it shows it very clearly when Palmer is talking to his brother, and then it focuses on it again later when Jack is looking at his body under the sheet.
    I just thought there might be some significance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

is it not just the scars on his hand from the time there was an assasination attempt in series 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Those "spoiler" covers show up in emails you know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

corblimey wrote:

He had to wear it after the poison hand shake attack at the very end of season two.
    It's either a medical bracelet (sp?) or actually does something like keep his muscles working or something.

anyway RE: Spoilers. I say leave them on please. I still have to see episode 4. Seeing as there's going to be a new episode every week (which is unusual) people are likely to fall behind. Unless you start posting a thread for each episode...well, it's not that much effort to click and drag now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

preview was looking great til that stupid bitch character appeared, "my daddy's the boss" "jack i hate you cause you killed my exhusband who conspired with terrorists to kill my family and then denied it so i believed him" :mad:
    Grrrrrrrrrrr, i f***in hated season 4 because of that whiney bitch

• Advertisement

Just saw the first 2 episodes,will hopefully have 3 and 4 by tomorrow. All I can say is WOW! That first episode is probably the best of the whole show. I saw none of it coming.
    Palmer shot dead in the first 30 seconds!Then when you think they can't shock you enough,they kill of Michelle. 2 characters I really liked! Lets hope they can keep this up for the season and not wander off into some lame tangent of a plotline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

FFS just finished watching 4th ep there, great 1st/2nd/3rd eps but FFS ARGHHH
    More fcking biowarfare/chemical/nuclear weapons
    That storyline has been done to death, series 2,3,4 and now 5. I was pissed off enough at seeing it in series 4 but watched it anyway because I am a huge fan. Have to say the
    hostage situation
    was very good but I don't like where this is going.. I remember posting a few months ago about series 5 saying I hope the writers don't go down this road again.. ah well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Repli wrote:
    FFS just finished watching 4th ep there, great 1st/2nd/3rd eps but FFS ARGHHH
    More fcking biowarfare/chemical/nuclear weapons
    That storyline has been done to death, series 2,3,4 and now 5. I was pissed off enough at seeing it in series 4 but watched it anyway because I am a huge fan. Have to say the
    hostage situation
    was very good but I don't like where this is going.. I remember posting a few months ago about series 5 saying I hope the writers don't go down this road again.. ah well

It's way too early to say where this is going. Also, apart from
    Nuclear/Bio/Assaination attemps on presidents,
    how many other likely terrorist scenarios can you think of?
    They could do the plane thing but I guess they have to be senstitive towards 9/11

yesit has been done before. this time they should have the terrorists making phoney phone calls

Enjoyed episodes 3 and 4,so far it has been far better than last year.

I hope they are going somewhere good with it.
    The bio weapon thing was done in season 3 where some english nut released it in a hotel,and they had to prevent more vials being released etc. Hope its not too smiliar

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally got to watching all four. Mixed feelings about it:
    * ARGH! Nukes. I don't care if there's not many different scenarios, we've seen it before. Please do something interesting this time - at least let one of them go off. That'd be funny

* YAY! Character deaths. Palmer was redundant anyway and I figured he'd die when Dennis Haybert was "Guest Starring" rather than "Starring" (it's in the little details folks!). Michelle was just a pleasant surprise (she was annoying me) but Tony - again - is just going to pop out of surgery and race around the place. I can definetely wait...

* Derek STFU. We don't need another teenager gettting themselves into trouble. That was Kim's job. Now leave and don't come back. Thank you.

* Wasn't it obvious Jack laying on "Flank two" so heavily was a code? Jeez I spotted it. CTU's "intelligence" suck.

* A mole. Hmm - how original. Least it's not in CTU but it looks like his cover may already be blown. I do think he's doing a good balancing role normally though so it's not so bad.

* President Logan is more fun than the stoic Palmer. Martha's played well in that her incredulous claims seem that much worse when she's slightly hysterical. It at least makes me understand why they don't listen to her even if it's a clichéd situation for TV and movies.

* Chloe - yay! More Chloe! Fire Jack! Make it the CCTU - Chloe's Counter Terriorist Unit. That'd be great.

* Ep 3 & 4 were Die Hard 4 but entertaining nonetheless. I have a shred of hope for this...

* I really hope Mr Knight has a good plan of where he's going with his nukes. Last year suffered from the plot deviating every 6 or so episodes. Let's hope for good direction this year...

Ixoy,they are not
    nukes. There was a bio hazard symbol on the cannisters,which usually means chemical weapons.Nukes have different hazzard warnings if I'm not mistaken.

And also next week's teaser reveals that
    It is nerve gas that was stolen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ahhhh i hate the fact i cant see 24 early, ive to wait for the 12th on Sky, id get my cousin to record it for me, but she doesnt have a pc or dvd recorder :(

i might aswell add in that i have a topic up for a 24forum, if you havnt already voted do so, we need this :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054859120

Hopefully we can get it up and running for the 12th of Feb.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

tvnutz wrote:
    Ixoy,they are not
    nukes. There was a bio hazard symbol on the cannisters,which usually means chemical weapons.Nukes have different hazzard warnings if I'm not mistaken.
    Ah fair enough. Even so :
    it's a bit reminescent of S3 then. I know there's only so many ways for terrorists to launch an attack on the US but for the viewer we need to be entertained with something new.

Still we'll see how it plays. Fingers crossed for some lethal damage this time! Big style damage.

Okay, just watched eps1-4 last night. So good so far.

Nothing much to add to the above comments, except:
    Im thinking/assumming thus far that the biohazard materials in the canisters could be the same substance used on Palmer at the end of season 2.
    I'm totally perplexed (in a good way) as to why the sleeper agent needed the hostage takers to get him the keycard. Why didn't he go directly to Chirinsky himself? We'll find out soon i guess.

....and MASSIVE
    is it wrong that im starting to find Chloe strangely attractive? :eek: I couldn't stand her in previous seasons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement